Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drinking and driving ads

Options
  • 23-12-2010 9:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Pain in my a$$ listening to them, espically while driving as they kinda get me worried, for what I can see is no real good reason, unless you have really, and i mean REALLY, gone to town the nite before! you know the ones im on about. 'Your body gets rid of roughly a half a pint an hour' 'dont drive in the morning if you have been on the sesh the nite before' 'the cops will smell it off you the second you roll down the window'

while I dont condone drinking and driving these ads do nothin but potentially ruin a good nite out :pac:

look im not drunk fook off!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

dont drink and drive, smoke and fly!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Have you tried changing the channel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭gothicus

Have you tried changing the channel?

I have done but when I do all I hear is this loud whining sound like my ears have tinnitus, turns out most times it just Gay Byrne, again :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

I heard that Mr. Gay Byrne has being telling RTE folks who intend to drive home after an evening out to not drink alcohol but to just have some Coke instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭gothicus

I heard that Mr. Gay Byrne has being telling RTE folks who intend to drive home after an evening out to not drink alcohol but to just have some Coke instead.

lol that will speed up things alright. very poor taste in humour though man!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

There was this one on the radio a few months back, it sounded like a mobile phone or a satnav or something. It's about this woman driving past where she used to work and she starts thinking about her old boss and so on and eventually the car ends up upside-down or something because she'd let her mind drift.

It's told in that monotonous electronic female voice that those devices use and was difficult to hear. I'm serious, I had to strain so hard to follow that ad that I hadn't realised that my mind had completely left the road as well. Stupid, dangerous ****ing ad.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Dont watch tv so no need to worry about those stupid ad's. Always done so badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

gothicus wrote: »
    lol that will speed up things alright. very poor taste in humour though man!
    Coca-cola is no laughing matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭strokemyclover

Don't worry OP! We're only heavily advertising these things until Gay Byrne pops his clogs - then we can all go back to drinking six packs on secondary roads again*

*I don't drive btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

i know aul lads that have driving drunk every weekend for as long as i can remember and are better drivers than some sober people.

then again i have seen lads that cant even stand when drunk or string together a sentance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Remember lads, it doesn't matter if you eat a glass of milk or drink a pound of steak, if you're a 19 stone rugby player or a 7 stone ballet dancer, you can only clear ONE unit of alcohol per hour. And nothing can prevent that. So there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

gothicus wrote: »
    Pain in my a$$ listening to them, espically while driving as they kinda get me worried, for what I can see is no real good reason, unless you have really, and i mean REALLY, gone to town the nite before! you know the ones im on about. 'Your body gets rid of roughly a half a pint an hour' 'dont drive in the morning if you have been on the sesh the nite before' 'the cops will smell it off you the second you roll down the window'

while I dont condone drinking and driving these ads do nothin but potentially ruin a good nite out :pac:

look im not drunk fook off!

Been drinking have we?

Step out of the vehicle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Remember lads, it doesn't matter if you eat a glass of milk or drink a pound of steak, if you're a 19 stone rugby player or a 7 stone ballet dancer, you can only clear ONE unit of alcohol per hour. And nothing can prevent that. So there.

19 stone ballet dancers can do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Just laugh at the ads. They used to annoy but I learned an important lesson one day.

Do you all remember that ad with the two schoolkids texting? 'I want to walk to you home...' That one. Anyway, yer man is texting the bird with the stupid perm and bizarre eyebrows. The stupid fukcer walks right out into the street and BLAMO gets smashed by a van. Cue funeral.

That ad came on in my mate's house years back. As soon as it came on he jumped up out of his seat and shouted 'MA IT'S ON IT'S ON QUICK!' So she runs into the sitting room and he goes 'watch ma.' Then the kid gets smashed and me mate goes 'that's the van I'm getting.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Driving & watching TV at the same time isn't very safe either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

Driving & watching TV at the same time isn't very safe either.

Yes, but you cannot spill your tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Yes, but you cannot spill your tv.

True.

You can't drink it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

But as the OP said, the adds piss me off too. They are away ott.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Well hung

i hate them ads only add to the pain and suffering of DOE deaths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

One day when you're lying out in the Dun Laoghaire rehab centre, after suffering a C2 or C3 paralysis, one of those ads will come on th TV and you'll feel like a right moo moo for starting this thread.

• Advertisement
Advertisement