Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bah Humbug

Options
  • 23-12-2010 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭

Am I the only one who really ****ing hates Christmas ?
    All this present buying, visiting relations I dont like (some of) and the season of good will. Just today I saw a fight in a car park over the last space available. I am not religious so I dont care , its all a load of nonsense to make us buy loads of stuff.
    I do think its a good time for kids and thats fine. Personally, I will be volunteering in a shelter, horrible time for people alone, I just hope my 'cheer' doesnt frighten them off
    Rant over

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Your a very lonely person aren't you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Fair play for volunteering but why do people have to try and drag the mood down on everyone who enjoys christmas??
    :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Nope, hate the holiday. All the year people say they look forward to a white Christmas, it happens and bam! Suddenly it's too cold for them. Plus, overtly cheerful people annoy me, and Christmas songs are annoying as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

rudolph the red nose reindeer has very shiny nooose

cheer up mate, its only once a year

for the record, i hate food shopping at teh best of times. Last saturday I had to go shopping with my 3 year old and with a monster hangover... I sat her in the trolley and got her to sing christmas songs all the way round the shops. Was the best fun i've ever had shopping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

I thought I saw this thread yesterday :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Regards seeing those relations at christmas that you only see once a year and you dont like well Fcuk that.Lifes to short to spend with people whose company you dont enjoy.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Santa's not coming to someone's house this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Maddies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭De Dannan

Your a very lonely person aren't you?

Not at all, just dont like Christmas
    You are allowed to not like things ya know, dont just follow everyone like a sheep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭De Dannan

Is he coming to yore ma's ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Tomebagel

TheZohan wrote: »
    Maddies?

too soon man,too soon..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭sollar

I don't like it either, buying presents for everyone and getting crap back. Its a drain on money.
    The only thing about it is i love the new year and heading into spring again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Hate the hype and all that crap,hate the shopping,the mental people in town shopping and the mental people in cars trying to get to the shops.

What I do like is the pub on xmas eve with family and friends,home for sandwiches and sitting up to all hours chatting.

Then the xmas day of just sitting about watching tv and eating sweets.

I am never really worried about what presents to get or what I will be getting,sure after about a week you forget about the presents anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

De Dannan wrote: »
    Not at all, just dont like Christmas
    You are allowed to not like things ya know, dont just follow everyone like a sheep.

Im not mad about christmas either but its not that bad. C,mon stop feeling sorry for yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

De Dannan wrote:
    Is he coming to yore ma's ?
    Bet you're a laugh a minute at Christmas parties...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Fair play to doing some volunteering. Most are too caught up in the bull**** to think about others
    Ireland is full of Christians

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Namlub wrote: »
    Bet you're a laugh a minute at Christmas parties...

Bet you arent ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Merry Christmas OP.

Best time of year by a long way. 2 weeks holidays, christmas partys, presents, big dinners, lots of drinking, watching the racing on stephens day etc etc etc!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Bet you arent ;)
    Oh, you got me...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

Best time of year by a long way. 2 weeks holidays, christmas partys, presents, big dinners, lots of drinking, watching the racing on stephens day etc etc etc!!

Well there will be no racing on Stephen's Day unfortunately :)

steph1 wrote: »
    Well there will be no racing on Stephen's Day unfortunately :)

Kempton might still go ahead fingers crossed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I had a very quiet Christmas in Brisbane last year and really enjoyed it. No leadup, no tree or decorations and still managed to get into the Christmas spirit for a few days before and after. Personally I don't really think about Christmas until about the 19th. I'd have my presents bought well before that but I really hate the lead-up and the stupid songs the assail me in every goddamn shop. Even the bloody chemist has cheesy songs. 'Merry Christmas sir, enjoy your medication!'

Also, the concept the Christmas is supposed to be merry is a bit ridiculous. I'm not much more cheerful during Christmas then I am on any other week, and I'm generally in a good humour anyway. A few more parties is great but still not really important. I don't really like turkey and ham, but no-one listens to my pleas. Mostly I enjoy everyone being off work, exchanging presents and having a laugh and a few drinks. That's it. I can do without the tree and most of the trimmings.

I believe that people should create their own Christmas traditions, not borrow the old, hackneyed ones. It's a pagan celebration, we should be able to do whatever the hell we want.

Advertisement