Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving iTunes?

Options
  • 23-12-2010 7:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

I knows it's wrong but I couldn't find a different one! How do I move mu iTunes to a new laptop? I know how to move it but which file in my iTunes folder it has several files. In it it says Al bum Artwork, iTunes media,Previous iTunes media, iTunes Library, iTunes Library extras, iTunes Library Genius and iTunes music Library! As you can i don't know which one to move. HELP ME PLEASE!

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Titled changed, and moved the the mac forum;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Er, move the entire iTunes folder

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

If you are using Macs and have a local network they are both on, you can do it like this:

1. Enable File Sharing on your old Mac (Apple --> System Preferences --> Sharing). Click the "Enable File Sharing" checkbox then click the "+" below it and add your iTunes folder to the list of Shared Folders. (its normally in Macintosh HD\Users\Username\Music\)

2. On the new Mac, open iTunes, then CMD-Tab back to Finder.

3. In Finder, click Go --> Connect to Server, then "+" and find your other Mac. Log on using your username and password on the other Mac.

4. Navigate to your iTunes folder on your other Mac. Then simply drag the entire folder into iTunes.

Advertisement