Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Article in FT on craft brewing

Options
  • 23-12-2010 4:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

There was an interesting article in the FT this week on the business of craft brewing:

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/1e90620e-0d2e-11e0-82ff-00144feabdc0.html

The figure of 8% of the UK market being related to craft beer/ales is much higher than I thought. I think the figure in the US is more like 5%. I can only imagine it is because the chain pubs over there are now actually pushing craft beer. When I have been in Greene King/Wetherspoons pubs I have seen some good deals on craft beers.

The more successful the business of craft brewing becomes the more selection we should have as consumers.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

Weatherspoons are soulless drinking dens, and the food is something you would feed your mortal enemy, but in fairness, the few times I've been in one, they've always had some great local ales, alongside the more popular and widely known ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Sergeant wrote: »
    Weatherspoons are soulless drinking dens

Not that we'd tolerate such a thing in this country!

Seeing what weaterspoons have on cask is usually the highlight of any visit to a UK airport. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Facelessman

As bad as the concept of chain pubs are at least they offer better selection than the average pub in Ireland alright...

Advertisement