Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pod availability

Options
  • 23-12-2010 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭

Hey folks, have narrowed mother-in-law's Christmas present down to this Dolce Gusto machine and this Tassimo one. The deciding factor is going to be the availability of pods. Which are you most likely to pick up in Tesco for example? Can you put a cheaper version into either of them i.e. does Lidl or Aldi do them?

At the moment I'm tempted to go with the Dolce Gusto for the daft reason that it comes with a starter pack and as tomorrow's Christmas Eve, I'd like her to be actually able to use the thing!

Any help appreciated! Oh, and Happy Christmas to all the Boardsies:D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Vorrtexx

As far as I know you can no longer get Dolce Gusto pods in Ireland. I could be wrong. Tesco did stock them but not sure they do anymore.

I ordered a Dolce Gusto machine for a xmas gift too. I also ordered pods from www.dolce-gusto.ie on the 6th December. It's now the 23rd and I still haven't received the pods. So unless they arrive tomorrow (unlikely), I'll have a pod machine for someone with no coffee pods :)

Contacted support on the website multiple times but have only got one response about it over a week ago. Not promising in my opinion so for that I would advise against the Dolce Gusto machine unless you can find some local or national chain that supplies the pods in-store.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Vorrtexx wrote: »
    I ordered a Dolce Gusto machine for a xmas gift too. I also ordered pods from www.dolce-gusto.ie on the 6th December. It's now the 23rd and I still haven't received the pods. So unless they arrive tomorrow (unlikely), I'll have a pod machine for someone with no coffee pods :)

Thanks for the reply, you're more organised than me! Sounds like a mission to get the, but I live very close to the border, so I'm going to check if Asda do them. Next year, I will be more organised!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ge_ch

Tesco and Asda in Enniskillen sell them. Tesco in Sligo here had them for a short period only. or you can get them on ebay, not sure how much they are though

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Ms_Ali_B

Does anyone know if you can get them in Newry?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

I found them in Asda in the end up, but Sainsburys do them too, so you'd get them in Newry.

• Advertisement
Advertisement