Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Simulator] Railworks 2

Options
  • 23-12-2010 3:18am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Bumpity bump.

Railworks 2 is on sale for €5.25 (85% off) on Steam until 18:00 GMT 23rd Dec.

I know this has nothing to do with the Mark 3's, but this thread has most of the trainspotters in it, and I didn't think that this warranted it's own thread given current commuting and transport conditions. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

oh no no no...please tell me noone is getting me that for Christmas! It would herald my retreat from the real world altogether....!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

A guy called Brendan Moran has done the cork-dublin route for this and its available on uktrainsim.co.uk, highly advisable to pay the 3 pound membership fee to download it and other stuff required for it. the complete route is done but only the scenery is done from heuston-limerick junction. he has now working on the 23 mile section to limerick city.

Its freeware and top class scenery. amazing job he has done.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Yup. He has the 201s done as well. :)

214317973_thumb.jpg

Jonathan wrote: »
    Yup. He has the 201s done as well. :)

214317973_thumb.jpg

My only complaint is the use of the cab from the BR Class 66 but you can't have it all I suppose. It's more than I can do!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

There is now a Class 67 addon available for Railworks. That looks a little more like it. I think the Class 66 is a good enough fit though. :)

• Advertisement

I'll just have to get myself a copy of RailWorks 2 now, have been running the route on Rail Simulator up to now, with mixed success.

will it not upgrade for free? my RW1 upgraded for free to RW2 online and now in sept its gonna upgrade free to RW3!!

Well the BR66 is just a Freighter version of the 201 anyway.... they brought 4 of them off a ship on the docks where i i was working on in Holland one day :D

will it not upgrade for free? my RW1 upgraded for free to RW2 online and now in sept its gonna upgrade free to RW3!!

Rail Simulator was the predecessor to RailWorks, it's not a free upgrade unfortunately. Uses .rpk files rather than .rwp files.

Bumpity bump.

I know this has nothing to do with the Mark 3's, but this thread has most of the trainspotters in it, and I didn't think that this warranted it's own thread given current commuting and transport conditions. :)

why did you get a warning for that post?

• Advertisement

Bumpity bump.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

By the looks of it he bumped an old MKIII thread to post about the offer. Technically has nothing to do with MKIII coaching stock and giving life to necro threads is frowned upon so i'd imagine that was what the infraction was for.

Thread appears to have been split later so it just makes it look a bit odd.

On topic,is Railworks recommended? I've only ever had Microsoft Train Simulator with the Enterprise pack.

lord lucan wrote: »
    By the looks of it he bumped an old MKIII thread to post about the offer. Technically has nothing to do with MKIII coaching stock and giving life to necro threads is frowned upon so i'd imagine that was what the infraction was for.

On topic,is Railworks recommended? I've only ever had Microsoft Train Simulator with the Enterprise pack.

Never had the enterprise pack :( might re install and get it again if i can. its worth it alright, at the moment i dont have a graphics card so im not getting the full wack out of it yet but its worth it alright.

I really like the Enterprise pack, have had it since it was released. I used to experience serious slowdowns at certain parts of the route such as when entering a busy area, but a solid state drive sorted that out. My only problems are more related to MSTS rather than the route, if I travel a long distance I can't switch cabs without the game crashing so have to save my state, restart the game and then change ends.

I posted it at the time of all the snow and ice and didn't think the forum needed a silly thread about a rail simulator.

I tacked it on to a month old thread about Mk3 coaches. I thought it was the easiest way of alerting the railheads without inconveniencing everyone else.
    I haven't played MSTS, so I can't judge, but I find railworks quite good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I would totally buy this if it had Dublin to Waterford and Dublin to Cork with all the new trains and an 071. I wish for too much :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Did I read somewhere that he's working on modelling 22k's also?

I had a go of what he's done so far a few weeks ago and it is impressive, fair play to him

I had a go of what he's done so far a few weeks ago and it is impressive, fair play to him

Yep, see here.

22000 are done and is in the v3 update along with the scenery from thurlas-limerick junction :D

22000 are done and is in the v3 update along with the scenery from thurlas-limerick junction :D
    Which railcar is the 22k aliased to?

• Advertisement

Just a bump to alert people that those who previously owned Railworks 2 now get a free upgrade to Railworks 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭cml387

Just a bump to alert people that those who previously owned Railworks 2 now get a free upgrade to Railworks 3.

Actually I noticed that Steam automatically upgraded me. Cool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Jehuty42

Lots of people are having problems with it, apparently. But I think they just need better machines- the system requirements are quite a bit higher than Railworks 2, so if you were borderline before you'll have major trouble.

I haven't had any problems myself. Here's a screenshot I took ingame to whet the appetite.

Link

Jehuty42 wrote: »
    Did you have RW2 and bought the Horseshoe Curve addon or did you just buy RW3 just recently with the addon included?

Is it worth it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Jehuty42

Did you have RW2 and bought the Horseshoe Curve addon or did you just buy RW3 just recently with the addon included?

Is it worth it?

The former.

It's as worth it as any route add-on is, really. It's a ridiculously long route that takes over an hour at the speed limit. Lovely scenery if you can set the view distance high enough. The scenarios(6 of them) have some nice RW3 specific features to them.

Currently on sale.

Half price.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/12085/

Currently on sale.

Half price.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/12085/

I'd get it only I'm not sure my machine will run the thing, judging by what I've come across online. Also I'm still not a fan of Steam in general.

This is on sale again, but this time its 90% off, bringing it down to €2.99.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/24010

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

This is on sale again, but this time its 90% off, bringing it down to €2.99.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/24010

Great app that. Cheers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement