Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Singer Wanted in Newbridge

Options
  • 23-12-2010 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

singer wanted for Rock n roll band in newbridge.

male or female with a good range.

originals band with a lot of songs already done just need a singer to fill the sound.

if interested please pm me.

Thanks

Dan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Dani21

anyone???

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Do you have any demos recorded that potential singers could hear?

no because songs could be easily stolen that way!... they are good songs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭niall1976

Hi Dani,

I think you'll struggle to get a singer without a sample of your stuff. No matter how good you think your songs are, others will have their own opinions.

I believe you'll get a much more positive response by sharing your music first.

There are 2 ways to do it without anyone stealing your songs.

Record a couple of covers so the singer can hear the quality of your playing

Or

Record your originals to a cd. Put the cd in an envelope a post it to yourself by registered post. Don't open the envelope and ask the post office to put the postmark over the seal on the envelope. Your songs are now copyrighted meaning you can share them with people without worrying about theft.

Hope this helps
    Niall

Dani21 wrote: »
    no because songs could be easily stolen that way!... they are good songs!
    :eek: You're joking right?

• Advertisement

thanks niall but i dont have recording equipment. any idea how to do it cheap?

Malice_ wrote: »
    :eek: You're joking right?

no im not. suck it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭niall1976

Download audacity for free to your pc. Get a USB line in interface for your laptop. You should get one for about 50 euro from any good music shop. The interface will take a standard lead from your guitar. You can also plug a mic straight into it and record vocals.

Alternatively pick up a second hand boss recorder on adverts.ie or donedeal.ie
    They're both. Easy to use

cool thanks niall! much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭yoursaviour1989

Dani21 wrote: »
    no im not. suck it!

Wow, what a crap attitude, idiot

• Advertisement

Mod Note: Please be aware that abuse of other users is not tolerated on Boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭RebelSoul

Malice_ wrote: »
    Mod Note: Please be aware that abuse of other users is not tolerated on Boards.ie.

eek.gif You're joking right?

RebelSoul wrote: »
    eek.gif You're joking right?
    RebelSoul if you want to debate moderator decisions please do so off-thread. You can PM me if you like. If you've nothing relevant to post on this thread then don't post. You will just drag the thread further off-topic. The general rule on this site is "attack the post, not the poster". Rather than saying "you are an idiot", it's far better to elaborate on why the person is an idiot by taking apart whatever point they've made in their post.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭yoursaviour1989

apologies, just opened the thread and was interested in what was happening but some of the comments put me off the thread

sorry yoursaviour. we really are nice!!.. if you can sing thatd be great! let me know!

apologies, just opened the thread and was interested in what was happening but some of the comments put me off the thread
    Which comments would those be and why did they put you off? Someone being protective of their music or a brief discussion of the rules of this site have nothing to do with whether you want to sing with the band or not.

If anything, Dani21's posts should have encouraged you to try out as they should that he (I'm assuming it's a he :)) is fairly serious about his music.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Songbirddoll

Hi Dani,

I'm a 29 year old female singer from Tullamore with good bit of experience.

PM me and we can arrange to meet if that suits?

Cheers

bump!!!

Advertisement