Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to purchase applecare

Options
  • 23-12-2010 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭

I bought my Macbook Pro 15" very early January this year (either the 3rd or 4th) with the intention of getting Applecare at a later date. I've now found myself in the silly position where my year's warranty is nearly up and I haven't done anything about extending the warranty. If I order of Apple NOW I should get it in time, but it can be had for 100 quid less off ebay/amazon and the like though I'd be worried it wouldn't arrive on time. Can anyone recommend somewhere that's cheaper than Apple? Ideally a brick and mortar store in Dublin but I'm open to anything.

Really annoyed with myself about this, should have got the act together sooner.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭dubmick

If you buy it via ebay, the seller will just email you the applecare serial so you will have no worries about delayed post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

Although I don't like them, CompuB should have it. As well as other apple repair centers such as mactivate.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

A word of warning about Ebay Applecare: you'll have no come back if a year or two years down the line Apple decide to question the validity of your Applecare purchase. You won't have the genuine package, you won't have the serial number and you won't have a valid receipt from an Apple dealer. Apple can do this at anytime and the fact that the registration number was accepted by the website won't mean squat. But given the discounts involved it is often worth the risk.

Advertisement