Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

9spd Dura-Ace/Ultegra & Tiagra

Options
  • 23-12-2010 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

Lo All,
    I was wondering if anyone might be able to set me straight.
    Are 9spd Dura-Ace/Ultegra casettes compatible with Tiagra? They are all 9spd systems but are the cassette sizes different or will they all work grand?

Thanks in advance

Eoin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭billy.fish

Tiagra derauilers or shifters?

FWIW i run Tiagra STI's with my Ultegra casettes and rear derauiler on my CX bikes. Works fine. I think the pull ratio is the same but don't quote me if its wrong.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

My cross bike (badly neglected this year) has ultegra levers, 105/ultegra mechs and a tiagra block and they work fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

It will work fine. I did something similar for a bike I was working on, not a problem. The cassette spacing is standard and will work with all Shimano 9 speed setups. Cable pull's etc.. should not be a problem either, as I have also put Tiagra 9 speed shifters onto a Dura Ace 9 speed setup and it was perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭SurferDude41

Yep, I use Dura-ace 9 speed levers and ultegra chain+cassette plus an ultegra front derailaur, without any problems:)
    I find the ultegra cassette runs more smoothly that dura-ace, and seems to last much longer as well:D
    Plus the 9speed chains and cassettes, are far more durable than the 10speed stuff:)

Happy Cycling:)

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭enoonan

Thanks for all the info guys.

It is really very much appreciated. :D

Eoin

• Advertisement
Advertisement