Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roscommon Town - Sweet Shop

Options
  • 22-12-2010 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    hope you can help me out with some info, I've been in Roscommon shopping twice recently, say over the last two weeks and there's a lovely looking sweet shop down beside Donnellon's Menswear, but both times I was there middle of the day and door locked! All the lights on, opening hours on the door (it was scheduled to be opened) and no note for lunch or anything... It wasn't even lunch time the second time I was there...
    Anyways does anyone know what the story is? It looks like a lovely shop and has missed my business twice! :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

Louise~ wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    hope you can help me out with some info, I've been in Roscommon shopping twice recently, say over the last two weeks and there's a lovely looking sweet shop down beside Donnellon's Menswear, but both times I was there middle of the day and door locked! All the lights on, opening hours on the door (it was scheduled to be opened) and no note for lunch or anything... It wasn't even lunch time the second time I was there...
    Anyways does anyone know what the story is? It looks like a lovely shop and has missed my business twice! :confused:

It's only been open a couple of months or so, anytime I've been passed it it's been open, it's a great little shop with old fashioned type sweets. Did you check with the shops either side to see what the problem was? Not sure if they're online or not to get contact details.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

They've a facebook page. Can't check at the mo, but if you search for "Mrs Kellys sweet shop", I'm sure it'll come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Fly High

I'm beginning to think I was doing something really stupid like pushing instead of pulling! but there was no sign of anyone in there...

Can't seem to find it on facebook, if you have found a link let me know...

I'll just have to wait until I'm back in Roscommon to try again!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AoifesMammy

The shop name is Mrs Kellys

There FB page is also Mrs Kellys

Sometimes the girl that works there goes on a late lunch but always put a sign on the door.

HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭X1R

If I am in town tomorrow I'll have a look for you ;).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mrskellys

hello so sorry to have missed your call to the sweet shop dont know how it was closed, we are open mon to sat 10 am till 7 pm
    the next time your in call to martina and get a 1/4 on the house
    best regards
    mrs kellys sweet shop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Just walk down to Mary Hick's shop on castle street. She still stocks a decent range of inexpensive sweets.

Just dont expect luxury chocolates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mrskellys

hi,its just mrs kellys on face book new range of sugar free sweets gone on the shelves today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 suarez9

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ok this has turned into "Mrs Kelly informs the public" thread.
    Since boards isn't a platform for businesses to reach out I'm closing the thread.
    Mrs Kelly is free to answer questions about the shop/products but not to bump old threads or start thread about the shop is not allowed.
    PM me if anything is unclear.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement