Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iTunes giving my 3GS an over capacity message despite ample space...

Options
  • 22-12-2010 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

Hey guys.

Have a question that I hope you might be able to help me with. I have a jailbroken 3GS and a couple of days ago, iTunes started telling me that my iPhone was over capacity, despite me having almost 10 gigs of free space. I think it may have been after i downloaded the latest version of iTunes but am not certain. Currently it is telling me that I am 46.7 gigs over on iPhone, including 68.1 gigs in music, even though my entire iTunes liberary of music is only 13.24gigs in iTunes.

I have a couple of apps that I paid for from Cydia and don't want to loose these, as well as the fact that there is not currently a non tethered jailbreak for the latest fw.

Can anyone please give me any ideas as to how i can get my iPhone or iTunes to recognise the correct amounts of data without a restore?

Thanks.

Jay

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Jakmeehan

Try a hard reset of the iPhone. Press and hold both the home and power button until it restarts itself.
    jaykay2 wrote: »
    I have a couple of apps that I paid for from Cydia and don't want to loose these, as well as the fact that there is not currently a non tethered jailbreak for the latest fw.

If it does come to a restore, you can get your paid cydia apps back by just signing into your google/facebook account inside cydia. Also, cydia probably has your SHSH on file for whatever firmware you're on so you can always restore to that firmware anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

jaykay2 wrote: »
    Hey guys.

Have a question that I hope you might be able to help me with. I have a jailbroken 3GS and a couple of days ago, iTunes started telling me that my iPhone was over capacity, despite me having almost 10 gigs of free space. I think it may have been after i downloaded the latest version of iTunes but am not certain. Currently it is telling me that I am 46.7 gigs over on iPhone, including 68.1 gigs in music, even though my entire iTunes liberary of music is only 13.24gigs in iTunes.

Can anyone please give me any ideas as to how i can get my iPhone or iTunes to recognise the correct amounts of data without a restore?

Thanks.

Jay

Hey.

Just an update on the above in case anyone comes across the same issue. After updating my firmware to 4.2.1 and restoring to my last backup, I was still getting the above error message.

While searching for a response I took a look in iTunes, at my latest podcast downloads only to notice that all my podcasts had somehow been changed to unplayed after an update of iTunes a couple of updates ago! After changing my settings to only add the latest 5 unplayed podcasts to my phone, I instantly dropped 40gigs from the audio section of the iPhone capacity indicator at the bottom of iTunes.

I now have my phone back in working order and am feeling pretty smug for coming up with the solution, even if it was something as silly as that!

That is all.

Advertisement