Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rothschilds is Irish government advisor

Options
  • 22-12-2010 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭

I read it in the Sunday Times the other day. And they wonder why Irish people are getting robbed by the super rich as well as losing sovereignty. You couldn't make it up! :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

It was the previous group that recommended the bailout and sent us downt the road we're on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

On top of which, who do you think the government should seek advice from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

Our presidant did meet one of them in the RDS recently....

http://wn.com/Ireland's_Treasonous_President_McAleese_meets_with_War_Criminal_Rockefeller

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

Confirms my views about El Presidente.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

Same people that fooked greece over.Its laughable.
    Watching the news about that last year i felt i was watching one of those predictable tv shows or something(as i watched a rothchild walk his way into an irish building on the news).Hard to believe its can be so blatant and still the average people cant stop them.Our gov is out of control imo.

Also last year around that time i did some searching for the bilderberg meetings and the one they had in greece i think in 2005 or so was hosted by the bank of greece to discuss the countries finance as well as global dealings.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Torakx wrote: »
    .Our gov is out of control imo.

Can't just blame our government anymore. Anyone in a whole chain of people could have done something about this. Regulators, opposition TD's, guards, civil servants etc.......

Realistically, the time for talk and protest is over.

squod wrote: »
    Can't just blame our government anymore. Anyone in a whole chain of people could have done something about this. Regulators, opposition TD's, guards, civil servants etc.......

Realistically, the time for talk and protest is over.
    I can only hope you're not back to the uprising ****e talk because whatever about our current situation, having pictures like the one below published internationally would do wonders for the country.

alfavi2743.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

gizmo wrote: »
    I can only hope you're not back to the uprising ****e talk because whatever about our current situation, having pictures like the one below published internationally would do wonders for the country.

An uprising done the French no harm. Interestingly Gerald Celente recently said it might be worth while having shares in guillotines! :D

profitius wrote: »
    An uprising done the French no harm. Interestingly Gerald Celente recently said it might be worth while having shares in guillotines! :D
    I'd like to think we've come a long way since the end of the 18th century to be honest, never mind the fact they replaced the absolute monarchy with, you guessed it, a democratic republic! :)

having pictures like the one below published internationally would do wonders for the country.

Being the laughing stock of the world is doing us the fuhken world of good :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Being the laughing stock of the world is doing us the fuhken world of good :rolleyes:
    But we're not the laughing stock of the world, in fact we're not even the laughing stock within the PIIGS members.

But we're not the laughing stock of the world, in fact we're not even the laughing stock within the PIIGS members.

Where's the facepalm emoticon?

Where's the facepalm emoticon?
    Which country borrowed the most money from the EU/IMF for bailout purposes?
    Which country hasn't seen positive export growth in the last number of months?
    Which country has had its police force firing tear gas into crowds of anti-austerity protesters?
    Which country has had the deaths of three innocent bank workers because of violent "protesters" throwing Molotov cocktails into bank buildings?
    Which country has had members of its population physically assaulting their politicians?

I'll give you a hint, it's not Ireland.

Which country is it whose population is getting robbed by their own government so they can pay off the private debts of professional gamblers?

Which country is it whose population is getting robbed by their own government so they can pay off the private debts of professional gamblers?
    Hyperbolic wording to say the least but I'm guessing you want me to say Ireland here. While it is true I think it's quote obvious the points above make Greece out to be in far worse shape than Ireland.

Greece were allegedly cooking their books to try benefit from Europe. Irish government have been cooking theirs to defraud the citizen. How many people are laughing at Greece vs laughing at Ireland do you guesstimate?

Greece were allegedly cooking their books to try benefit from Europe. Irish government have been cooking theirs to defraud the citizen. How many people are laughing at Greece vs laughing at Ireland do you guesstimate?
    Actually it was Goldman Sachs who convinced the Greek government to cook their books in order to hide their true deficit from the ECB. In our case we had a bunch of banks doing it to their own books and then blatantly lying about it which has backfired. The difference being the level of complicity in these affairs by the respective governments.

Well I'm assuming you don't want actual numbers in my guess but as I said above, Greece are in far worse off shape than us, will have a far tougher time getting out of the situation their in and have made a far worse impression internationally following the events I outlined above and as such, are the real laughing stock, if that's the term you want to use.

At least the greeks are kicking up a fuss.
    The flouridated irish are still scratching their heads.
    To me we are looking pretty stupid.
    Not only did we get ourselves into this mess but we also accepted advice from the same kind of people that were involved with the greek crisis, which i suspect was planned back in 2005 or so at a bilderberg meeting or some contacts at that meeting hosted by the bank of greece.
    Only fools would let those wolves into our country,yet here we are still doing it and who is going to stop them? Certainly not you or me.
    It will get worse in a few years and maybe then people will have no choice but to protest violently.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭todolist

Kippure wrote: »
    She's not "Our President", she wasn't elected for a second term.She's the ultimate token nordy nationalist the Fianna Failers love.As usual it's the tax payers who pay the bill for this nonsense.

At least the greeks are kicking up a fuss.
    The flouridated irish are still scratching their heads.
    To me we are looking pretty stupid.
    As you may have guessed, I disagree profusely with this. The violence that has occurred in Greece should not be condoned under any circumstances. People died and many more were injured and all for what? Nothing changed. The austerity measures were still passed and the country is now on the rather long road to recovery.
    Not only did we get ourselves into this mess but we also accepted advice from the same kind of people that were involved with the greek crisis, which i suspect was planned back in 2005 or so at a bilderberg meeting or some contacts at that meeting hosted by the bank of greece.
    The first part is of course a complete head scratcher but then again, advice needs to be sought from somewhere I guess. :S

As for the Bilderberg reference, there was no real planning required. Goldman Sachs provided the catastrophic advice to them which resulted in them hiding their true deficit problem and when the debt crisis occurred they got hammered for it.
    Only fools would let those wolves into our country,yet here we are still doing it and who is going to stop them? Certainly not you or me.
    It will get worse in a few years and maybe then people will have no choice but to protest violently.
    Stop who? The IMF? I'd advise looking back into the IMF interventions in the UK in the 70s and then look at them now. Such intervention does not always spell doom for a country contrary to some belief.
    todolist wrote: »
    She's not "Our President", she wasn't elected for a second term.She's the ultimate token nordy nationalist the Fianna Failers love.As usual it's the tax payers who pay the bill for this nonsense.
    Actually yes she is, winning an election uncontested is still winning it plus she ran with no party affiliation the second time around.

• Advertisement

I do agree violence is not the best way for a solution to come about.But it seems democracy doesnt work.Im open to other ideas too though.A new political party that somehow is impenetrable from being mislead again like all the rest through history.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

Violence solves a lot of things when the people you elect don't speak for you any longer.

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

alfavi2743.jpg

He has more than his own blood on his hands. The suicide rate in Greece has trebled since the criminals made their move. He has a dry cleaning bill while there is fatherless children in Greece this Christmas and the elderly living on the streets.

I do agree violence is not the best way for a solution to come about.But it seems democracy doesnt work.Im open to other ideas too though.A new political party that somehow is impenetrable from being mislead again like all the rest through history.
    Of course democracy works, do you think FF will still be in government after the next election? Hell the fact that they're not even going to finish their term shows that it works.

As for a new political party being impenetrable to such flaws, well therein lies the problem. The one common trait they've always had is that they're composed of ordinary people and that is their greatest weakness in terms of their susceptibility to corruption, no matter how slight it may seem.
    digme wrote: »
    Violence solves a lot of things when the people you elect don't speak for you any longer.
    Most of the African continent would probably disagree with you on that one.
    He has more than his own blood on his hands. The suicide rate in Greece has trebled since the criminals made their move. He has a dry cleaning bill while there is fatherless children in Greece this Christmas and the elderly living on the streets.
    You realise that guy in particular isn't actually to blame for the mess the Greeks are in and that he was just the one which the protesters managed to get their hands on?

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

As you may have guessed, I disagree profusely with this. The violence that has occurred in Greece should not be condoned under any circumstances. People died and many more were injured and all for what? Nothing changed. The austerity measures were still passed and the country is now on the rather long road to recovery.

Not strictly true. The (rioting) Greek interest rate on their IMF loan is less than the (non-rioting) Irish rate.

Both are unsustainable.

As for the Bilderberg reference, there was no real planning required. Goldman Sachs provided the catastrophic advice to them which resulted in them hiding their true deficit problem and when the debt crisis occurred they got hammered for it.

Well it was Goldman Sachs who hid Greece's financial woes through instruments designed to implode. Goldman Sachs then bet against Greece as they were injecting their poison into the Greek economy making a huge profit.

This takes planning.

And we then hire Goldman Sachs as advisers?

And then Rothschild?

ai-bondholders3.jpg

Both of whom were Ango shareholders!

Stop who? The IMF? I'd advise looking back into the IMF interventions in the UK in the 70s and then look at them now. Such intervention does not always spell doom for a country contrary to some belief.

I did look into it very briefly as I never heard of it before.

It seems it was a single intervention and the IMF loan was never fully drawn and was based on strengthening value of the pound.

Not a good comparison imo. A far better one would be Malaysia who refused IMF "assistance" in the 90's in the Asian crisis and fared better than all their neighbours who took IMF loans.

Not strictly true. The (rioting) Greek interest rate on their IMF loan is less than the (non-rioting) Irish rate.

Both are unsustainable.
    Not quite correct, the Greek deal is over 3 years whereas ours is over 7 years. This is what led the Greeks to regard our deal as better and seek to amend theirs.
    Well it was Goldman Sachs who hid Greece's financial woes through instruments designed to implode. Goldman Sachs then bet against Greece as they were injecting their poison into the Greek economy making a huge profit.

This takes planning.
    Indeed, planning by Goldman Sachs though.
    And we then hire Goldman Sachs as advisers?

And then Rothschild?
    As I've asked before, who else would we hire for advice? That's not me defending them in the slightest, I'm simply pointing out the reality of the situation. Countries need advice from external advisers in these matters, said must be gotten from somewhere so if you rule out GS and Rothschild, who do you turn to?
    ...Bondholders list...

Both of whom were Ango shareholders!
    Also true however they were bondholders because there was money to be made.
    I did look into it very briefly as I never heard of it before.

It seems it was a single intervention and the IMF loan was never fully drawn and was based on strengthening value of the pound.

Not a good comparison imo. A far better one would be Malaysia who refused IMF "assistance" in the 90's in the Asian crisis and fared better than all their neighbours who took IMF loans.
    Well I'd disagree on the basis that, in terms of our economies (make-up that is, not size) ours would be more similar to Britains than Malaysias.

As for the necessity in drawing down all the funds, you'd be correct in this case, Britain did not need to draw down the full £2.4b the IMF had agreed to loan them however this was only because the economy began to recover with the sterling appreciating in value quicker than anticipated. What is to stop our own economy from doing the same? Especially in the light of the recent industrial and export-led growth?

Most of the African continent would probably disagree with you on that one.
    I don't understand this statement.

I don't understand this statement.
    You said...
    And I'm using the large number of African nations who have been involved in bitter civil wars and violence for the past number of decades because one group doesn't think their elected representatives are speaking for them as an example why this is incorrect.

You also have the Greek situation where, as I pointed out above, despite the violent protests and deaths of the innocent civilians, they accomplished nothing.

You said...

And I'm using the large number of African nations who have been involved in bitter civil wars and violence for the past number of decades because one group doesn't think their elected representatives are speaking for them as an example why this is incorrect.

You also have the Greek situation where, as I pointed out above, despite the violent protests and deaths of the innocent civilians, they accomplished nothing.
    I won't even bother with your use of the continent that is Africa, as it's bloody ridiculous.The Greeks protesting with force is not toppling their government as there isn't enough of them protesting.It's manageable for the riot police that is all,nothing more.

• Advertisement

I won't even bother with your use of the continent that is Africa, as it's bloody ridiculous.The Greeks protesting with force is not toppling their government as there isn't enough of them protesting.It's manageable for the riot police that is all,nothing more.
    Well then by all means give some examples of violence being used in modern times to accomplish positive change within a country. As fas as I can see it's only led to innocent lives being lost, widespread damage to public property yet no change to policy within the affect countries.

Advertisement