Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shortness of breath query

Options
  • 22-12-2010 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hi all,

Quit the fags seven days ago after 10 years. Used the Allen Carr books to kick start the process and now I'm just taking it day by day.

Apart from the cravings in the evenings its all going well...except..

the last couple of days I've been experiencing shortness of breath and tightness across my chest.

Its not associated with physical exertion as it's happening when I'm sitting down in work and/or watching telly. Its like i really need to take in a big gulp of air.

I'm not overweight or on any medications that could induce such reactions.

I'm in no way looking for medical advice here but, has anyone else experienced this when quitting?

If so, does it go away in time?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

It tends to go away after a week or two but if you're worried then get to a doctor instead of posting here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭xabi

Well done on giving up, i gave up about 2 years ago using the same method and had the exact same issue as you with the breathing, I went to the doc who gave the all clear and i was fine withinh a few weeks.

X.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 JBuffet

Thanks for those replies.

Delighted to hear that it goes away in a few weeks.

Onward and upward.......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Or you could be having a heart attack....... just saying is all.

Advertisement