Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas eve

Options
  • 22-12-2010 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

So i have next week booked off work,
    I was meant to have a half day today and off tomorrow and on the online roster my name was off on friday

As i went to leave today i was told i was in on friday and had not booked it off online which i did 2 months ago.

I checked the online roster and was told thats constantly changing and not to take notice of it by the manager,

I should have checked the online tool we use to make sure the dates where right, which i thought i did,

I have a screen shot of the page with my dates of 24/12/10 showing as me off,

What would you guys suggest i do, im meant to be in my fianceés this xmas for a family dinner and to tell her family we're getting married.

I've said i'll work the full day today and half day tomorrow, thereby getting friday off, but been told its too close to christmas to do any of this.

Should i bring this up with HR?

The manager said to me that he told me a month ago i had gaps in the calender but i have no recollection of this other than him saying i had bank holidays to take.

I even offered to come in next friday to make up for the xmas eve if i miss it, but again told, can't do it as its too close to christmas.

Advertisement