Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork

Options
  • 22-12-2010 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

Heading back to cork city for the weekend. Are the roads really crap?......any point in bringing the bike?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

Ryder wrote: »
    Heading back to cork city for the weekend. Are the roads really crap?......any point in bringing the bike?
    Thanks

Weather is unclear and hard to predict but in the off chance it all goes well and the thaw sets in on Friday i would be planning to train both Sat and Sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

Ryder wrote: »
    Thanks

Main roads around city are fine - saw a few hardy souls on bikes this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ryder

Thanks guys. Havent been out for over a month for various reasons so was looking forward to a stephens day spin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭cantalach

Yeah, I dunno. The main roads around the city are fine in the most part...for driving on. But cycling is a different matter though. Some of the roads get very icy over towards the curbs - even on busy routes like the Douglas Road. So unless you're prepared to claim the entire lane you'll be forced to move over due to cars back and you'll be riding on ice. Also, you're probably not going to want to just ride around the city, and once you get out of the city the situation is a lot worse. Especially points west and south-west. The Ballinadee/Ballinspittle area had some icy stretches from Cold Snap I that still hadn't melted when Cold Snap II was released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 abbeyside1

Weather is unclear and hard to predict but in the off chance it all goes well and the thaw sets in on Friday i would be planning to train both Sat and Sun.
    Roads are shocking and dangerous and if anyone thinks a thaw on Friday is happening read the forecast.You may have a thaw by Sunday but then you'll have freezing rain and flooding,so I'd say leave the bike at home,enjoy the Christmas and if we're all lucky we might get cycling again in the new year.The season is still 2 months away so lets not panic,a bad fall now and you could be off the bike till mid feb!It will be like the old days when we really only started training after Christmas!:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement