Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opticians selling display frames ?

Options
  • 22-12-2010 1:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

Is it normal for an optician to sell display frames ?
    I was told by one recently that they often only get in one of each frame (i.e. the display one) and that they sell these ! I would expect the customer to have a choice of getting a fresh frame or if they are sold the display model it would be at a discount.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

Generally if Optician shops were to buy in several models of the same type of frame it would make a business too expensive to run or it would limit the selection. There is a massive (and I mean massive) selection of frames to choose from of different suppliers. So to keep costs down one off pieces are bought in and sold off, then are replaced sometimes from a different supplier to keep the range fresh and so not too many people in the area are not wearing the same frames.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 saabron

Its no different to a clothes shop allowing customers to try on clothing before they commit to buying or not , if they dont buy, the item is placed back in stock

Advertisement