Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airport reading

Options
  • 21-12-2010 8:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

I am anticipating a long wait at the airport and have two books to choose from...
    Dial M for Merde or Cloud atlas .. do you think either are suited to airport reading? I've been advised Cloud atlas needs full attention so possibly not best for a noisy airport but that Dial M has prequels that must be read first. I need to bring one :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

I've only read Cloud Atlas but it was one of my books of the year! As long as it's absorbing you don't need to worry about distractions. I wouldn't say it's something you need to concentrate that strongly on, but there are links between each section, which is probably what that advice meant.

Hope your wait isn't too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

The very best airport book is Ursula K. Le Guin's "Changing Planes". All puns intended.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Yoda wrote: »
    The very best airport book is Ursula K. Le Guin's "Changing Planes". All puns intended.

Just read the wikipedia entry - sounds good.:)

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement