Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to find information on Leaving Cert and what it's level actually mean abroad

Options
  • 21-12-2010 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, I hope that i'm asking this question in the right forum.

Basically my university application in Switzerland was denied.
    For entry to university there you need to have done 6 leaving cert subjects, 3 of which at higher level and one of the higher levels as a natural science. The rest at lower level. Minimum grade needs to be a C.

I have 3 C's at higher level and a B and a C at ordinary level. So far so good.
    I also have two further D's at higher level but the university does not seem to accept that a D1 at higher level is worth more than C at ordinary level. Is there any official documentation on the board of education website which gives an indication as to what a D1 corresponds to at ordinary level.

What I found on wikipedia was that a D1 is worth 55 points which is a little bit more than an A2 at ordinary level so I guess that I just need an official source for this!

Any help GREATLY appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Owen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭BKtje

Found the information I needed. :)

Advertisement