Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couple of decent Gingerbread Desire ROMS out

Options
  • 21-12-2010 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,748 ✭✭✭✭

AdamG's lightweight Oxygen ROM - No Video recording and location doesn't work in this version, that aside its pretty damn good. it doesn't use the stock launcher, uses Zeam instead.

RichardTrip's Ginger Villian
    - A more stock orientated Gingerbread same 2 issues - No Video recording and no location.

Both are pretty damn good this early into the Gingerbread launch, and the Desire seems to have the best gingerbread ROMs for now at least. The UI is alot more polished, and the off animation is awesome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I've been very happily using psychosis rom for the last few months as its pretty much flawless and nothing else has caught my eye/been waaaay to busy to consider flashing again (plus I've had no computer for 2 months!). So now, with potentially a few days off over the next week, I can sense the urge for an auld tinker

I've had a quick look on xda, the 2 roms mentioned by the OP immediately jump off the page

My preference would probably be oxygen at this stage as I do like a clean rom but I'd be open to a bit of villain love - they had the best hero roms

Have any of our other desire brethren here delved into the gingerbread world? What say ye of these roms in current form?

I may be a bit too lazy to try out both, so any opinions would be appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Been using oxygen now for a week and its really nice, dont notice any major differences with gb, keyboard, scroll animations and off animation, nice fast stable rom though, very lightweight

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Any idea before a proper usable one is out? I kinda need location and the camera. Would be nice to give it a bash though

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭choronzonix

I'm using the Oxygen one and it's very nice indeed. :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

This? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=879168

Cool says only video recording does not work.. Might give it a bash.

What exactly in gingerbread is new and exciting? I'm already using the keyboard on 2.2, its great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=829734

this rom works perfectly, no a2sd though :( so i reverted to leedroid shortly after a play around

the UI is upgraded, lots of transparencies and the menu sliding is smoother.

Wonder if you can dual boot?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

i installed the rc6 of the oxegen gingerbread rom yesterday, and its amazingly good

the a2sd support seems to be very good, almost every app has moved to the SD card, and i've got something like 70mb free in the internal memory :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fob1

Zascar wrote: »
    This? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=879168

Cool says only video recording does not work.. Might give it a bash.

What exactly in gingerbread is new and exciting? I'm already using the keyboard on 2.2, its great

this is useless,wifi,refused to installed apps.had to do amanual restore as it would not let me d/load rom manager.sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

fob1 wrote: »
    this is useless,wifi,refused to installed apps.had to do amanual restore as it would not let me d/load rom manager.sorry!

they are only good for a play around with, still a bit buggy for everyday use methinks...

btw, took u long enough to get your first post up on boards :P

Advertisement