Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New website for Audax Ireland

Options
  • 21-12-2010 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭

It just takes a couple of weekends when you can't get out on the bike:

Audax Ireland now has it's own website at www.audaxireland.org - still adding content and figuring out how the bits and pieces work, but it's a start. Sterling work from Rughdh on this one.

And we are also now an actual cycling club that you can join, affiliated to Cycling Ireland and all that jazz.

Take a look, all comments welcome, and better yet, come and do a few of the rides next year - there's a stack of new events, plus a few old ones coming out of mothballs including the notorious Brown Stuff 400.

Now, back to dreaming of Paris-Brest-Paris.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Well done.

Looking forward to reading the site.

Many happy memories of travelling around Ireland,Uk and mainland Europe:):):).
    rottenhat wrote: »

Been there, well worth the effort.

picture.php?pictureid=8227&albumid=615&dl=1292929316&thumb=1:):):).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

The Medals are pretty ... they're worth the effort.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Well done to Rughdh and RottenHat on the site, quite polished looking.
    The Medals are pretty ... they're worth the effort.

Looking forward to expanding my collection this year to the full set (so far I only have the one type), hopefully it all goes to plan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Hey, congrats on the website, it looks great!
    Just wondering if one can be a member of AI and a regular cycling club?

Yep, you just submit an application directly to the club instead of through Cycling Ireland as their website doesn't have the option for it and then either the Treasurer or Secretary handles it and adds you to the club membership list.
    E-mail to either:
    treasurer@audaxireland.org or secretary@audaxireland.org

All are welcome :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭rottenhat

To be exact, you can be a member of more than one club, but for CI purposes you have to be affiliated to one in particular, which you would probably want to leave as your regular club, definitely if you race with them.

As CramCycle says, all comers welcome, we don't mind which club is listed on your license, just long as you have the insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

rottenhat wrote: »

If the dream becomes reality you get this.

picture.php?albumid=615&pictureid=8233

Just thought some might be interested:)

Good luck with the club lads.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ant

The web-site looks great. Very nice design using Wordpress with all the information sensibly and intuitively categorised. The only improvement I'd suggest would be an iCal feed for the events calendar (IIRC I may have seen other Worpdress sites with this feature).

Double posted but I am just notifying anyone who might not be on the google list without starting a new thread:
    Slightly off topic but Audax Ireland are beginning their club spins tomorrow morning, heading off from Spar on Upper Baggot st at about 8am. RottenHat is leading the charge and is expecting approximately 120 to 130km distance for the day up through Phoenix Park, onto Dunboyne, Enfield, Clane and back home. Reasonably flat and might make a nice introduction for anyone interested in getting involved in Audax events later in the year.

As far as I know there will be a spin every weekend that there is not an Audax event on in the country (and presumably the roads are safe for it). The spins will be Audax pace (15 to 30km/hr) and there will be a no man left behind attitude, unless like many, my company is irritating to him and he wants to leave

It's a bit late notice but if you were planning a Saturday(22nd January) spin and wanted an early and light introduction to Audax please pop down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 LisronaghCube

Just wondering if the Introductory Licence from Cycling Ireland would be sufficent enough for entry into events with Audax?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LastGasp

Just wondering if the Introductory Licence from Cycling Ireland would be sufficent enough for entry into events with Audax?
    Yes. The Audax CI Licence requirement is just to cover insurance needs, and the Non Competition/Touring one is fine for that.

Advertisement