Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding new baby to medical card?

Options
  • 21-12-2010 11:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi all. I had a new baby in November and would like to add her on to the family medical card, how do i do this. Also will we have to be reassessed? It is not up for renewal until may. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

Congratulations on the new arrival!
    Just send in the baby's Birth Cert with covering letter giving your Medical Card Numbers and asking for Card for her. It will not necessitate a reassessment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

easier than that ring them thats what i did no proof was needed and a medical card was sent out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭busman

bozharry wrote: »
    Hi all. I had a new baby in November and would like to add her on to the family medical card, how do i do this. Also will we have to be reassessed? It is not up for renewal until may. Thanks

I rang a few weeks ago to ask about how to get our new bundle of joy added.
    Did not go well :mad:

Conversation went like this :
    Me : I would like to know how to get a medical card for our new baby?
    They : What is your medical card number?
    Me : xxxxxxxxxx
    They: Do you have a PPS number for your baby, name etc?
    Me : Sure, its xxxxxxxxx etc
    They: Ok, she is added to your card.
    Me: Ok but she is going to be visiting my wifes Doctor!
    They: You mean that you wanted her added to you wife card?
    Me : Well my wife will be the one that will be bringing her the most!
    They: What's your wifes medical card number?
    Me : xxxxxxxxxxx
    They : Sorry I can't change it as your panel is locked.
    Me : What do you mean?
    They : Your panel is locked so I can't change it
    Me : huh
    They : You asked me to put here on your card and I can't change it now because your panel is locked.
    Me: Went on a bit about how I never ask for her to be added to my card etc, some back and forth ... I they ask how do I fix it and what was her name?
    They: She gave her name and said I needed to call the Primary care unit here's the number xxxxxxxx
    Me: Calls number
    They : Hello HSE
    Me : Tells them the story
    They: This is the HSE in XXXX, you need the Primary care unit! Here's the number xxxxxxx
    Me : Calls xxxxxxxx

I eventually told them my story and also asked about both my wife and myself changing doctor
    as her's died last year and mine stopped in practice and we we not happy with they replacements they had appointed us. They said that both panels were locked and we could not change!
    Had a discussion with then about how both of us were now locked into doctors that we did not choose and did not want to go to!!
    Said that there was nothing that she could do but if I wanted to write a letter/email that she would "pass it up" She was able however to change our newborn to my wifes card!

I was already seeing a different doctor that accept my medial card, they just have me fill out a form each time that I assume that they send to the HSE to be paid. So my wife called that practice and got another doctor there that would see here.

So my guess is that there are 2 doctors getting paid for each of us by the HSE! What a system :D

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

Old thread I know but whom do I ring to add our daughter to my medical card? Thanks a million

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭haveringchick

lashofeye wrote: »
    Old thread I know but whom do I ring to add our daughter to my medical card? Thanks a million

Write to
    Clint Registration unit
    PO Box 11745
    Finglas
    D 11
    Include a copy of:
    Your medical card
    The letter DSP sent you confirming your baby's PPSN
    Baby's birth certificate
    Just put your address and the date at the top and ask them to add your baby
    Send by registered post

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

You can also email them at clientregistration@hse.ie

Scan copy of birth cert and PPSN letter and include your name, address, medical card number and babys name and DOB.

That's how I added my baby back last year.

Advertisement