Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Australian F1 GP

Options
  • 21-12-2010 3:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hey everyone,
    wondering if anyone can help me, im going to Australia in February and would love to go to the Grand Prix. I was big into F1 when I was younger (then drink took hold and it was too much effort on Sunday mornings!)
    I was on the Australian Grand Prix website http://www.australia-grand-prix.com but i cant understand the ticket set up.. Prob juz me being stupid but can any1 gimme any advice on what ticket to get?
    I dont wana pay thru the teeth but i dont wana be sitting looking at a brick wall either! :D
    And also does anyone know when i should be booking? would it be too late to book when i get there? (16th Feb)

Any help would be great as im totally lost here!!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭zeris

Firstly http://www.grandprix.com.au is the official site for the Australian GP. The site has a circuit map and views from the different stands.

Ticketek used to be the ticket vendor but from this year it will be Foxtix. Foxtix don't appear to have anything on their site about the GP yet but don't take over until Jan 1st so check after then.

I bought my tickets in advance and picked them up at the track. This could be useful if you are traveling but this was with Ticketek and I don't know if Foxtix will provide the same capability.

Usual Oz warnings apply: all stands are uncovered so prepare for hot sun. Also, it is March in Melbourne so also prepare for rain.

As Ficus said, food and drink at the track is expensive as it is at every GP. The organisers will check bags on the way in but won't stop you bringing in unopened plastic bottles of water. There are shops along St Kilda Road and off Canterbury Road which sell water much cheaper than the track vendors. There will also be a lot of free water fountains around the circuit too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 fado5

thanks guys.
    all helpful info, i was living in st.kilda for 2 months a few years ago so know my way around abit..
    what im caught out the most by is the stands, like do i have to buy an admission ticket and then a stand ticket or just 1 ticket?
    and if i get just an admission ticket what does that give me? do i need to get a stand ticket? and if i do what would be a good cheap/mid range ticket? i wana see something ya know?

Ficus wrote: »
    A general admission ticket allows you into albert park to watch the grand prix but you have to sit on the ground in the general viewing areas.
    The stand tickets are seated tickets in a given stand, nobody can take your seat and they offer the best viewing of the track, and the stand tickets also allow you to watch from the general admission areas too incase you want to mix it up a bit and see different corners through the weekend.

So if i buy just a stand ticket i have access to everywhere? (apart from other stands obviously!)
    What would be a good stand? I see that their all different prices, some very expensive, i want to be able to see abit of excitement but dont wan2 break myself either as i wont have much money by the end of march, what would be a good cheap/mid range stand like?

thanx man.. Really lookin 4ward to it now, im not near a computer at the moment so cant check prices r anything.. Do you think booking late feb or early march would be 2 late to book tickets for those corners? Juz to be clear so i juz need 2 buy 1 ticket for a stand and thats it?

ok cool.. ya i can see that tickets are selling out already so better get on it.. gona ask a buddy in melbourne if he can get me tickets at a better price there.. would the Schumacher stand be any good? or waite or senna? would you recommend a thurs-sun ticket or would just a sunday ticket do?

• Advertisement
Advertisement