Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AE DLC

Options
  • 21-12-2010 1:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭

I know nothing has been said but what would be a realistic arrival of the AE DLC?

Also If anyone cares to guess when we should be expecting Third Strike?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Dunno about 3rd strike but for AE DLC I'm guestimating May or June. This is purely because its out on 3ds in feb in jap and whenever the 3ds launches out here so I figure that they'll have it exclusively available on that for 3 months or so and then it will become DLC.

Would be nice if capcom made it DLC at the same time as it launches on 3DS but thats just too good to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Alledgedly all the arcade operaters were told a while back that AE would be released as DLC in May.
    Without any way to actually substantiate this rumour, take with salt.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

I suppose the arcades would like as big as gap as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Feck them. We don't have good arcades. The longer this segregation continues, the more bitter I become.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭CloudRunner89

That was why I waited so long to ask. See, sf3 (and TvC) are pretty much the only games I havn't played and I really want to get a chance to play the twins before the DLC because I'm really liking what I see.

Any ideas? The only thing I thought was on PS2 but can't find a copy anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

You can play 3rd Strike online on GGPO right now, and get a ps2 emulator if you want to mess around with training mode.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    You can play 3rd Strike online on GGPO right now, and get a ps2 emulator if you want to mess around with training mode.

I've looked into GGPO but to be honest I don't quite understand what it is? I understand what an emulator is but do you use a pc stick or?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

That was why I waited so long to ask. See, sf3 (and TvC) are pretty much the only games I havn't played and I really want to get a chance to play the twins before the DLC because I'm really liking what I see.

Any ideas? The only thing I thought was on PS2 but can't find a copy anywhere.

You can get it for Xbox on Street fighter aniversary, compatible with 360. (The PAL PS2 version didn't have SF3 in it.:rolleyes: )

If you have no luck finding it a CPS3 emulator is your best bet. The SF fightpads and all 360 controllers are compatible with windows via an update. If money is an issue game and gamestop sell there own six button brands for about 10-15 euro.

Pretty much any pad you can plug into a 360 works on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Dunno about 3rd strike but for AE DLC I'm guestimating May or June. This is purely because its out on 3ds in feb in jap and whenever the 3ds launches out here so I figure that they'll have it exclusively available on that for 3 months or so and then it will become DLC.

Would be nice if capcom made it DLC at the same time as it launches on 3DS but thats just too good to be true.

3DS is getting original SSF4: http://twitter.com/Yoshi_OnoChin/status/17073796938735616

• Advertisement

Xluna wrote: »
    You can get it for Xbox on Street fighter aniversary, compatible with 360. (The PAL PS2 version didn't have SF3 in it.:rolleyes: )

If you have no luck finding it a CPS3 emulator is your best bet. The SF fightpads and all 360 controllers are compatible with windows via an update. If money is an issue game and gamestop sell there own six button brands for about 10-15 euro.

The hunt is on for the xbox aniversary edition then!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

The hunt is on for the xbox aniversary edition then!

Quick word of warning - from what I've heard the Xbox conversion of 3S is terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Yreval wrote: »
    Quick word of warning - from what I've heard the Xbox conversion of 3S is terrible.

yeah it doesnt have a patch on emulation... massive slowdown allover the place esp when you launch someone. I picked it up and played it just the once.

I've heard but I really want to get a feel for the wins plus I've always wanted to sit down with third strike for a few hours :)

Anyone have a clue where I'll find a copy if I'm so lucky?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yeah the xbox Anniversary Edition on 360 runs like ****e.

GGPO is a program that lets you run the arcade emulator and play with pretty much the best netcode available to any fighting game - any usb stick/pad should work on PC, though you may have to install drivers etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

I have it, playing it on my 360. I never played the arcade original but I did play 3rd strike on the Dream cast. I didn't notice a huge difference, but I was never a big a fan of SF3 as I was with SF2 and 4. It's certainly not unplayable and it doesn't look awful.

@Cloudrunner. Your best bet is Amazon or ebay. I was lucky enough to find it preowned in a Gamestop about four years ago but I've never seen a copy since.
    It comes with Hyper street fighter II and the excellent 1994 SFII anime. It's sadly censored though.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

3S on Xbox is fine, a few graphics glitches here and there...

3s runs like crap on the Xbox, massive slowdown whenever someone is knocked too high.

Xluna wrote: »
    I have it, playing it on my 360. I never played the arcade original but I did play 3rd strike on the Dream cast. I didn't notice a huge difference, but I was never a big a fan of SF3 as I was with SF2 and 4. It's certainly not unplayable and it doesn't look awful.

@Cloudrunner. Your best bet is Amazon or ebay. I was lucky enough to find it preowned in a Gamestop about four years ago but I've never seen a copy since.
    It comes with Hyper street fighter II and the excellent 1994 SFII anime. It's sadly censored though.:pac:

As if we don't all already have the uncensored version :pac:

Ken B wrote: »
    3S on Xbox is fine, a few graphics glitches here and there...

Try super jumping :)

• Advertisement

Sairus wrote: »
    Try super jumping :)
    ^ This.

Whatever Microsoft did, their emulation code on 360 CHOKES with 3rd Strike, making air-play pretty much impossible.

While you *could* get PAL Anniversary edition & play on an original Xbox (or import PS2) -- what's the point?

Install GGPO,
    Google for the ROMs
    , and play online.

If you want to get a game locally, just drop into the IRC channel:
    #IrishFightingGames on irc.Quake.net
    Loads of boardsies are regulars, and Ramza is a goddamn MACHINE at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Pffttt to all the "Xbox 3s AE edition version is broken, get emulation."

If you've a 360 with a stick as your main setup and just want to get the basics of the game, AE is by far the easier way to do it.

No pain in the hole emulation, no playing against the hardcore everytime on pvp, no playing on a small pc set up.

you'll get the basics and have an understanding of the game for **** all cost.

By all means if you're used to the game, and want to up your skills GGPO is definitely the way to go. But if you're used to only consoles and just want to experience the game, the xbox version is grand, faults and all.

I may be wrong but I fairly sure Ramza started off on AE for the xbox too.

CloudRunner - PM me your address and I'll post you a loan of my xbox copy of Third Strike for the xbox

A-Trak, think you're missing the issue here.

The game runs fine on the original Xbox.
    This one -> xbox.jpg

But when put on an Xbox 360, the emulation code just starts stuttering & screwing with sounds. It's horrid to play on.

@A-TRAK: when I started going to casuals I loved it everyone was great and thats whats gotten me into the community but YOU my friend should be the mascot for how open and welcoming this community is!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

@A-TRAK: when I started going to casuals I loved it everyone was great and thats whats gotten me into the community but YOU my friend should be the mascot for how open and welcoming this community is!

mascot.jpg
    GWAn THE A-TRAK
    [atrak featured at a GAA match, when he was a big sagat fan]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Just read on SRK that it is June 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Just read on SRK that it is June 2011.

Apparently it will be downloadable for $20.

Only a rumour, but I don't think that would be too much of a surprise.

$20, damn how much is that in XBL points?

1600 points thereabouts.

• Advertisement

With the constant flow of information coming from the arcades it's going to be hard to keep myself from thinking about it until june. Still kind of happy theres a time tho.

Advertisement