Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superman , Batman comics

Options
  • 21-12-2010 1:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭

hey guys

i want to go search for a superman and batman comic books and dont know where to start , ive seen stuff by alex ross on youtube like kingdom come and that looks brilliant any suggestions at all thanks :D

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Are you looking for comics where Superman and Batman team up and work together? Or just comics that happen to feature both characters?

Depending on what you're after, there are a lot of different books you could go for - there's an ongoing Superman/Batman team-up book, and you can find several collected editions available. There are also stand-alone miniseries that happen to feature versions of both characters like Kingdom Come or Justice (both with artwork by Alex Ross), Superman: Red Son or Batman: The Dark Knight Returns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Fysh wrote: »
    Are you looking for comics where Superman and Batman team up and work together? Or just comics that happen to feature both characters?

Depending on what you're after, there are a lot of different books you could go for - there's an ongoing Superman/Batman team-up book, and you can find several collected editions available. There are also stand-alone miniseries that happen to feature versions of both characters like Kingdom Come or Justice (both with artwork by Alex Ross), Superman: Red Son or Batman: The Dark Knight Returns.

I dont know what im looking for to be honest, looking to see what are the best to get or to start of with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

My first superman\batman comic was The Dark Knight Returns and I loved it (in fact it was one of the first comics I ever read) but in that they are more like opposing forces than a team up so it may not be the kind of thing you are looking for..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Ridley

Ridley wrote: »

Grant Morrison's Batman and Robin run makes for a decent jumping on point if you're looking to go in order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jazzyj1977

hey guys

i want to go search for a superman and batman comic books and dont know where to start , ive seen stuff by alex ross on youtube like kingdom come and that looks brilliant any suggestions at all thanks :D

kingdom come is a class read. i have a decent collection my self i can recomend a few more. i buy online because it's cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭n0irin

I'd go with the Dark Knight Returns too - I've only read it recently myself, but it's a good place to start!

I always have the problem of not knowing where to start with comics - it seems a bit daunting because there are just so many of them out there - eventually I just jumped in and grabbed whatever I could and it worked out ok.

As Fysh said, Superman: Red Son is a good one, I really enjoyed it, but I'd say best to read the Dark Knight Returns and some other stuff first as it'll probably add to your enjoyment of what they did in Red Son.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

still searching for kingdom come , but i did pick up Jim lee Legacy icon book and the world greatest superheroes by alex ross and paul dini brilliant read artwrk is mind blowing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Tower of Babel would be a good one, TDKR is a bit too "Superman= naive tool" for my taste as a representative of Superman.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Ridley

Fan short by Rob Pratt.

I want an Indiana Jones serial. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭0verblood

Check out the Death of Superman. Most epic superhero vs. bad guy fight ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

0verblood wrote: »
    Check out the Death of Superman. Most epic superhero vs. bad guy fight ever.

true, but death was really only the opening chapter of the story to follow! Reign of the supermen is great
    and he's not even in it until the end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 joeyshabadoo

I read Dark Knight Returns years ago and really enjoyed it. But it didn't get me hooked. What got me hooked was Vengence of Bane. Following that into the Knightfall/KnightQuest/Knightsend story arcs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭0verblood

true, but death was really only the opening chapter of the story to follow!

The is no but. Most epic superhero fight ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Moke33

I actually saw where to download all of these comics. By the way, I am not sure where to start, but I definitely know that there is a list of the best comics on the net. Go and search "top best Batman/superman comics"

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭niall mc cann

0verblood wrote: »
    The is no but. Most epic superhero fight ever.

:confused:

To each his own. I was bored about 1/4 of the way in.

There was no part of that fight as epic as Superman vs Asmodel from Morrison's JLA. In terms of epic Superman fights, it's tough to top Superman vs a renegade angel. Aside from the fact that he manages not only to duke it out, but also to hold up the moon while he's doing it.

I don't get how a fistfight in the street is more epic than that.

Advertisement