Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video camera w/tripod controls

Options
  • 21-12-2010 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

Mods - if this is in the wrong forum please feel free to move, thanks.

I am posting this on behalf of a colleague who isn't too internet savvy. He uses an old JVC camera (the type that uses mini casettes) to record local GAA matches. He has a tripod with the controls for the camera on the tripod itself. They plug into camera itself. There is also a mic input for the local commentator who commentates on the local matches.

Recently his camera stopped working and I advised him it may cost more to repair than replace. The only thing is he is kind of stuck in his ways. If he opted for a new digital camera, he would need one with a tripod with the controls on it and an input for a mic. Can anyone recommend some kit for him that wouldn't break the bank but yet has a similar setup to his old video camera? Thanks for the help.

K.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

What happened to it that made is stop working?

You will find it hard to get the ones with the controls on the tripod these days.

Might be best to just get that one fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

Tallon wrote: »
    What happened to it that made is stop working?

You will find it hard to get the ones with the controls on the tripod these days.

Might be best to just get that one fixed

Not 100% sure but I was told it's not recording or playing tapes. I thought the controls just have a cable (USB) that plug into the camera? He's still waiting on a price for repair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

It may not be USB. More than likely a special cable that connects to the camera model.

I may be wrong

Advertisement