Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Grant *Help*

Options
  • 20-12-2010 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I'm applying for vet nursing in AIT next year and I'm confused about the grant.
    My sister is currently doing a PLC in Moate Business College and receives the full grant (6000 and something) but we reside in Tullamore and I've always thought that Moate would be considered Adjacent. Our family exist entirely on social welfare payments so my sister says that even if I attend AIT next year (it will be considered adjacent under new budget) I will still receive the full grant (6000 +)

I just wanted to know if this was true? Thanks

Lyn

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,982 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Lynnington wrote: »
    I'm applying for vet nursing in AIT next year and I'm confused about the grant.
    My sister is currently doing a PLC in Moate Business College and receives the full grant (6000 and something) but we reside in Tullamore and I've always thought that Moate would be considered Adjacent. Our family exist entirely on social welfare payments so my sister says that even if I attend AIT next year (it will be considered adjacent under new budget) I will still receive the full grant (6000 +)

I just wanted to know if this was true? Thanks

Lyn

Its hard to say for definite because the rules change from year to year

The rules for the 2010 academic year are at

http://www.studentfinance.ie/dl.php?dl=/downloads/1275312921/Special_Rate_of_Maintenance_Grant_2010.doc

BUT the 2011 rules will change

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement