Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Separated n Meath

Options
  • 20-12-2010 6:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi There,

I am recently separated and to be honest I just don't know how to get out and meet people, particularly men, with a view to a new relationship!

I am not a fan of online dating and would like to meet people the old fashioned way. But it just dawned on me recently how do other separated people know that I am separated and looking to date??? It's not like I look any different, or act any different or have a sign saying separated!!! It's even harder when I have children and people automatically assume u are married or at least in a relationship. I mean u can't just walk up to someone u like the look of and say by the way I am separated lol

Would appreciate your views and any advice.
    Thanks
    Sun

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭gymman39

on line dating is the best way of meeting ..especially if you are separated..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sun_godess

Online dating seems so clinical.... I just can't seem to warm to the idea and yet I would really love to meet someone to just get out with, have a laugh and enjoy life again. Noting mad serious but just to start enjoying life with someone other than my girlfriends again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

If you can get someone to mind the kids one night a week you can do evening classes in anything from foreign languages to dance.

I know one couples that met through dance lessons (think it was Salsa) and have a mate who at the moment is seeing someone he met at Spanish classes.

Advertisement