Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I.D cards on the way

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

The card will be implemented in such a way as to enhance, not weaken, the protection of that personal data. Any other information that may be deemed necessary can be either inscribed or electronically encoded on the card.
    Interesting.I wonder what will be added to that at later dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭The Highwayman

^^^^^^^

The whole lot I would imagine, finger prints, retina scan, dna, whatever is possible to put on it.
    How long before we are barcoded at birth?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

How long before we are barcoded at birth?

Ages

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Weren't they bringing these in UK or do they already have it there??

I really don't like the idea that all of my personal details, finger prints, bank account information, where all i've travelled to etc. are stored on a government database so that they can keep a check on what I'm upto. Though the government probably already has all this information. Like when you pass through Heathrow airport, they take your picture and fingerprint scan and all...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Like when you pass through Heathrow airport, they take your picture and fingerprint scan and all...

Flown to/from/thru Heathrow 7 times this year. Never had my fingerprint taken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

What a waste of money,

BRING IN A NATIONAL ID CARD ffs.

Bloody joke, living on the continent as we dont have an ID card I need a Passport to travel everywhere, whereas all the peeps here on the continent dont need one to travel in the EU.

They should have 1 national ID card and get rid of this garda age card and public services card.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Flown to/from/thru Heathrow 7 times this year. Never had my fingerprint taken.

It was a couple of years ago I went through there. They might have changed it since.
    Now they've got the body scanners though there. Or so I herd...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

i think its a great idea.. clamp down on those fecking scumbags fleecing the system.......
    lets face it, it information that they already hold on you anyway... so why the concern?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

History only repeating itself.

2d2ghno.jpg

robtri wrote: »
    i think its a great idea.. clamp down on those fecking scumbags fleecing the system.......
    lets face it, it information that they already hold on you anyway... so why the concern?

Im sure you'll love the trains and the showers too :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Mr Plough

I've had an id card for about 15 years now. Never though much of it. I wouldnt think much if they chipped people under the skin, it's only a chip, so what ?
    It only becomes an issue if you let it. We have chipped animals for years now. Chip one chip all.... it's the fear of it, your emotion they feed off, not whatever info the chip gives them. A chip doesnt imprison you, your mind does. Peacefull protests will do nothing to prevent it. Violent protests will also feed them.
    Think outside the box you think they put you in, they want you to believe they put you in.

Mr Plough wrote: »
    I've had an id card for about 15 years now. Never though much of it. I wouldnt think much if they chipped people under the skin, it's only a chip, so what ?
    It only becomes an issue if you let it. We have chipped animals for years now. Chip one chip all.... it's the fear of it, your emotion they feed off, not whatever info the chip gives them. A chip doesnt imprison you, your mind does. Peacefull protests will do nothing to prevent it. Violent protests will also feed them.
    Think outside the box you think they put you in, they want you to believe they put you in.
    If it got to the stage in 20 years where you couldnt walk into a shop to buy milk or anything without an id card, you are then well and truly one of those chipped animals yourself and dare i say it stuck in a box you cant think your way out of...anymore.However its not too late now to put our foot down.
    It may not happen,but watching the timeline on all this stuff makes me think its not going to take a U turn any time soon.There seems to be a pattern forming and im not the only one seeing it,so i doubt its my imagination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Mr Plough

Torakx wrote: »
    If it got to the stage in 20 years where you couldnt walk into a shop to buy milk or anything without an id card, you are then well and truly one of those chipped animals yourself and dare i say it stuck in a box you cant think your way out of...anymore.However its not too late now to put our foot down.
    It may not happen,but watching the timeline on all this stuff makes me think its not going to take a U turn any time soon.There seems to be a pattern forming and im not the only one seeing it,so i doubt its my imagination.

What makes you think you are not one of those chipped animals too ?
    Because you think you are awake ? or because you are speaking out about certain things ?
    Maybe you are programmed to do so. Maybe the whole truth/awakening is engineered. Maybe your fluoride is assisting your awakening, your realisation. Maybe it's the gm food thats triggering it.
    Where does it end ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭kaiser sauze

One Chip To Rule Them All.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

And in the darkness, find them. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 lcadevil

I have to say im for this idea. as it has already been mentioned people on the continent travel freely between countrys. I'm also a free travel pass holder and on the card it will state this. it will also stop people stealing them as they would be of no use to them. i think it will also help in criminal matters and the likes. i do understand that Yes the government will have more information on who is currently in the country at the time. but hey xtravision pretty much need the same info but yet people have no problems with that or if you want to finance a car...... same thing. do you care that the car companys have your details or the fact you have a shiny new car outside?

Mr Plough wrote: »
    What makes you think you are not one of those chipped animals too ?
    Because you think you are awake ? or because you are speaking out about certain things ?
    Maybe you are programmed to do so. Maybe the whole truth/awakening is engineered. Maybe your fluoride is assisting your awakening, your realisation. Maybe it's the gm food thats triggering it.
    Where does it end ?

I was speaking in the future tense not present.
    I dont consider you a chipped animal! far from it.
    Im saying its possible we will all be like the animals that are nowadays chipped.
    Im using the chipped and tagged stock animals as a parallel to the future version of all these id cards for services ideas.We already do stock counts in this country so its not so ludicrous to consider.
    I am certainly more awake(about many many topics) than i was before i started researching conspiracy theories lol
    I agree with you also that its highly likely the truth movement is a conspiracy to control by the opposition.This is something ive said on these forums quite a few times.I can agree with you just as easy as dissagree,its not personal at all.
    I dont think toxic waste is going to help me function any better,regarding flouride.And its unlikely i eat Gm foods.Maybe when the monopoly gets more extreme i will be forced to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Im sure you'll love the trains and the showers too :rolleyes:

that is an idiotic post...

so bringing in a new ID card system... in your eyes means... death and concentration camps for a portion of society....

brilliant... absolutely brilliant deduction... ffs

how many countries already have ID cards for years now... and guess what no gas chambers are there ...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Two Shift Keys To Capitalize Them All.

robtri wrote: »
    that is an idiotic post...

so bringing in a new ID card system... in your eyes means... death and concentration camps for a portion of society....

brilliant... absolutely brilliant deduction... ffs

how many countries already have ID cards for years now... and guess what no gas chambers are there ...

Im sure you never read a book so ill make it easy for you

http://www.archive.org/details/George-Orwell-1984-Audio-book

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

2d2ghno.jpg

Yup, that's the exact same.

amacachi wrote: »
    Yup, that's the exact same.
    No, modern "smart" ID cards leave digital fingerprints every time they are tagged unlike their forerunners.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Well since they've had these things in Poland for a good long while now, I'm sure RtdH et al can provide examples of the nebulous evils they believe follow on from these cards.
    Right?

HHHmm got any links or info on these cards doing the rounds in poland?
    Or any idea how long they have been used and for what?

Torakx wrote: »
    HHHmm got any links or info on these cards doing the rounds in poland?
    Or any idea how long they have been used and for what?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_National_Identity_Card

They've similar ones in France, Germany, the Netherlands and many others.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identity_document#Europe

So can you produce a few example of the horrible stuff that awaits us when we get one?
    I mean if there are actually horrible things that can happen, rather than the nebulous scary stuff we are told to fear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

The paranoia around ID cards is amusing.

I've been racking my brains and the only evil I can think of possible is for one of 'them' to pull it from my wallet and attempt to cut me with it.

King Mob wrote: »
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_National_Identity_Card

They've similar ones in France, Germany, the Netherlands and many others.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identity_document#Europe

So can you produce a few example of the horrible stuff that awaits us when we get one?
    I mean if there are actually horrible things that can happen, rather than the nebulous scary stuff we are told to fear.
    You obviously have NOT read the Wiki link that you provided.

Polish ID cards will not be imbedded with RFID electronic tagging until 2011, approx the same time as we expect the introduction of ours.

"As of July 2011 identity cards in Poland will have an electronic chip which will function as an electronic signature, which can be used as identification over the Internet. For example, a Polish citizen will be able to pay taxes (in polish PIT - Personal Incoming Tax) this way".

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭todolist

2d2ghno.jpg
    All western European countries have had a form of id card. Only the British Isles didn't have this system.No need to show us pics of the NAZI bogeyman!!

You obviously have NOT read the Wiki link that you provided.

Polish ID cards will not be imbedded with RFID electronic tagging until 2011, approx the same time as we expect the introduction of ours.

"As of July 2011 identity cards in Poland will have an electronic chip which will function as an electronic signature, which can be used as identification over the Internet. For example, a Polish citizen will be able to pay taxes (in polish PIT - Personal Incoming Tax) this way".
    1) That doesn't say anything about RFID.
    2) They've had the normal card for a while.
    3) The irish card as discussed does not have an RFID.

So again can you please provide some examples of the evils you think will come form these cards considering they've been used all over europe for years.
    Or at the every least actually define the evils rather than just having it a nebulous unidentifiable cloud of fearmongering.

Why do you think I have to repeatedly ask these questions RtdH?
    Why, if the problems are as bad as you think, are you having trouble providing examples?
    Or are we going to hear the old "it's on it way" excuse we've been hearing for years?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

What does it matter if RFID is used?

It's a technology designed to save on data entry and printing costs, nothing more.

Not exactly practical to place receivers like they have on the M50 toll to track every citizen's move now is it?

Advertisement