Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MBP (8600m) -- no display

Options
  • 20-12-2010 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

yet another thread about my dying MBP.

Now the 8600m GT chip has packed it in -- no signal from display or through DVI.

Anyone know what my options are?? :(

*edit*
    I see from http://www.nvidiasettlement.com/ that claims will start from 20. December (i.e. within 24hrs).

Guess it's my lucky day?

*editedit*
    American only.
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Apple should fix that for you, even out of warranty if it's one of the faulty nVidia chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭fergusb

Exact same thing happened to my Macbook almost a year ago, laptop was well out of warranty but rang up apple anyway. They said would need to be inspected before could say if was the NVidia fault or not.

Dropped it into an Apple authorized repairer out Red Cow Roundabout direction and eventually got it back 2 weeks later and all was working fine and no cost.

Advertisement