Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Courtesy Flush

Options
  • 20-12-2010 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭

Do you 'courtesy flush' when on the throne in work/pub/public toilets when someone else is drawn in the trap alongside you?

I always do, nobody wants to hear me dropping bombs and also it hides the sound if I let a sneaky and unexpected ripper out when 'pushing'.

Just been in work and there's some poor craytur in there and he was in awful trouble, sounded like an orchestra tuning up for a big performance, must have been on the beer all weekend!

Do you courtesy flush? 20 votes

Yes, I'd be embarrassed to let anyone here me 'cutting some rope'
    0% 0 votes
    No I'm proud of me work and I don't care who hears
    100% 20 votes

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Lovely topic!

/sarcasm

• Registered Users Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

In before the thread gets flushed down the drain.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

you flush while you shít?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

Has to win thread of the day

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Biggins, we have to address the issues of the day no matter how good/bad they are!

Still didn't stop you getting in with the first reply as usual :pac:

• Advertisement

I agree if you flush while havin a Brad Pitt, surely there is a huge chance of unwanted splash back on your marble pouch

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

kfallon wrote: »
    Biggins, we have to address the issues of the day no matter how good/bad they are!

Still didn't stop you getting in with the first reply as usual :pac:
    I'm flushed with success! :o

bungler wrote: »
    I agree if you flush while havin a Brad Pitt, surely there is a huge chance of unwanted splash back on your marble pouch

Na no splashback but you do run the risk of a blockage and the water getting higher and higher and you being chased out of the cubicle by your own 'produce'!

It's like toilet Russian Roullette but then again some of us are just naturally crazy risk takers :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

why would i flush while i was ****ting? that is both stupid and inconvenient.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

You could just put a few sheets of toilet paper down first, then no one hears you 'dropping bombs'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Bob_the_dog

Whats with people flushing as soon as they into the stall before the action commences? Clean freaks:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i did about 20 mins ago, i left the toilet bowl looking like a tigers back so one was needed. i had a right feed of guinness and dark ale last night so im blaming that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Surely no point in risking buttocks being wettened by dubious splashback from a public toilet when a good loud cough at the point of release would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

Do you 'courtesy flush' when on the throne in work/pub/public toilets when someone else is drawn in the trap alongside you?

I always do, nobody wants to hear me dropping bombs and also it hides the sound if I let a sneaky and unexpected ripper out when 'pushing'.

Just been in work and there's some poor craytur in there and he was in awful trouble, sounded like an orchestra tuning up for a big performance, must have been on the beer all weekend!

surely you just stay in the jacks till they are gone and then make your exit. Make as much noise as you want then and nobody knows who it is. Then walk back into your office with a pen in your mouth looking busy as if you werent in the bog at all. In a pub, who cares, you dont know the other people anyway.

surely you just stay in the jacks till they are gone and then make your exit. Make as much noise as you want then and nobody knows who it is. Then walk back into your office with a pen in your mouth looking busy as if you werent in the bog at all. In a pub, who cares, you dont know the other people anyway.

Ah ha the culprit reveals himself, now I know who was in Trap 3 15 minutes ago!!!

As for the sheets of paper down in the toilet, that won't stop the noise of a renegade fart :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Sign of weakness and lack of self esteem to hold back when dumping the ass chowder.

I always stride into the bogs confidently,select a stall beside an occupied one, drop the kex,ignoring keys and change jangle and spool up the nipsy for a 'max thrust' blow out.

If there is some backfiring before the unload,so what,the main objective is to dump the load like a box of shoes out of an attic.

Ignore the 'Sweet jaysus' or Holy divine fuck' stuff from the adjoining pod and back out your links with pride.

A sure way to impress your fellow shítter is to bunt out a thick corny log from the 'hover'. Just sigh "Aaaaaah" as the cigar cutter nips it off and listen for the gasp of awe as she slam dunks into the water.

Got a round of applause for one in the UCD shitters last year.

Be not afraid:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Had a horrible moment yesterday in work after dropping a wonderful hangover **** that blocked the toilet. Only then did I realise that it was actually yours truly that would have to unblock it the thing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

PandyAndy wrote: »
    You could just put a few sheets of toilet paper down first, then no one hears you 'dropping bombs'.

this is my own tactic, the worst is farting on the jax 'cause the bowl echos it around the toilet, it does sound like you have the skuts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

No why bother ffs :confused:

freaks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭AntiMatter

I've never engaged in this practise, but I do sometimes flush mid-pee, and then it's a race between me and the flush, to see who finishes first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Is coughing and singing suddenly out of fashion?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

And splash me dangler? no way hoze.

Na no splashback but you do run the risk of a blockage and the water getting higher and higher and you being chased out of the cubicle by your own 'produce'!

It's like toilet Russian Roullette but then again some of us are just naturally crazy risk takers :p

Hold on, Blockage?????

Do you not crap for a year and save it for one almighty barry white?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Flushing while on the throne :eek:

Wait until they introduce water taxes and your embarrassment will quickly float away!

jester77 wrote: »
    Flushing while on the throne :eek:

Wait until they introduce water taxes and your embarrassment will quickly float away!

Eh read the first post again, I don't share my toilet at home when I'm taking a dump, do I? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

I grunt, thrust and groan loudly while upon the throne, but as I leave the vacant cubicle I warn the next occupant "don't go in there for a while - that one had eyes and a tail"

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Sign of weakness and lack of self esteem to hold back when dumping the ass chowder.

I always stride into the bogs confidently,select a stall beside an occupied one, drop the kex,ignoring keys and change jangle and spool up the nipsy for a 'max thrust' blow out.

If there is some backfiring before the unload,so what,the main objective is to dump the load like a box of shoes out of an attic.

Ignore the 'Sweet jaysus' or Holy divine fuck' stuff from the adjoining pod and back out your links with pride.

A sure way to impress your fellow shítter is to bunt out a thick corny log from the 'hover'. Just sigh "Aaaaaah" as the cigar cutter nips it off and listen for the gasp of awe as she slam dunks into the water.

Got a round of applause for one in the UCD shitters last year.

Be not afraid:D

As ever, the Master has spoken.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

I just grab a few sheets of paper, give the seat a wipe, throw the paper in and use that to cushion to fall.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I just grab a few sheets of paper, give the seat a wipe, throw the paper in and use that to cushion to fall.
    This. It's a solid enough tactic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

AntiMatter wrote: »
    I've never engaged in this practise, but I do sometimes flush mid-pee, and then it's a race between me and the flush, to see who finishes first.

I often play that game too,

Advertisement