Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yellow cards for motorists endangering your life

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,031 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Yes, the roads will become much more harmonious once we start throwing stuff at each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Haleakala

Will drivers start fitting velcro bazookas to the top of their bonnets to fire polite textile text at idiotic ninja cyclists?

Don't think this is a good idea, there is probably more scope to lose control of your bike trying to fling a magnet on to the car thereby causing crash.

The worst bit is that someone has done this as a genuine suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

also magnets can be fairly heavy, what happens if you fling it a little too hard and it goes through a window?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Moreofthatjazz

i had a similar thought a few years back ... except instead of yellow cards it would be a moulded rubber dildo with a suction cup... judiciously plopped onto the offenders roof... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Not really,

.....you're in traffic.....

......idiot cuts you up in a dangerous fashion.....

......while still in traffic you have to fumble through your pockets to get the magnetic yellow card out....

....you have to detach it from your keys (while still controlling your bike in traffic)....

....once you have it in hand, you'll have to accelerate after said plonker.....

.....then slap it / throw it at their car.....

Several outcomes are possible....

Worst case - A&E doctor, while trying to revive you, wonders what the yellow thing in your hand is

Likely case - you miss the target and slap it on some poor unfortunate who is probably a decent driver and is rendered paranoid about their driving

Best case - you pop into Tesco for some shopping and wonder why your credit cards won't work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭anthonyvbyrne

Lumen wrote: »
    Yes, the roads will become much more harmonious once we start throwing stuff at each other.

That is it in a nutshel. Imagine you throw one at a fella in a honda civic, He's just had a few cans of Cyder and a line of coke. How is he going to react to some eejit on a bike throwing stuff at his car ?

Not worth the risk. I dont mean to generalise about honda civic drivers, could be a mitsubisi, or a subaru, or a toyota 'twincam' type ... You all know who i mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,031 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Not worth the risk. I dont mean to generalise about honda civic drivers, could be a mitsubisi, or a subaru, or a toyota 'twincam' type ... You all know who i mean.

Horses?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Moreofthatjazz

^and that right there is where the dingus would come in handy...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Jawgap wrote: »
    Best case - you pop into Tesco for some shopping and wonder why your credit cards won't work

:D

if your not dead how do you know they were endangering your life ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

So in a situation where your life has supposedly been put at risk you're supposed to have the time and composure to find one of these things and place it on the offender's car? :confused:

Rarely have I heard a more stupid idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭anthonyvbyrne

Lumen wrote: »
    Horses?
    Yep ! Their owners to be precise.

Advertisement