Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dan Martin - co leader for Garmin @ Giro

Options
  • 20-12-2010 10:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭

Dan Martin will lead Garmin at the Giro alongside Christophe LeMével.
    It seems as if he is unlikely to feature in TDF as team will go all out for the Green with Farrar, Thor, et al.

From Cyclingnews.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Vaaltron

Good to see Dan Martin as co-team leader For Garmin. He earned it with his recent string of success's, with his overall win in The Tour Of Poland of particular note.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

That's fantastic, hope his winter goes well and he can do himself justice there.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭mo_bhicycle

SomeFool wrote: »
    That's fantastic, hope his winter goes well and he can do himself justice there.
    Big time, and that the operation fixes his early alergy season issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

The Giro certainly looks like a pure climber's course this year.

I just hope that this new Garmin-Cervélo hybrid will be capable of getting its tactics right. Previously Vaughters has, I think, been guilty of dividing his resources in the hope of maximising the team's chances but, in so doing, has ended up with no coherent strategy capable of winning either stages or GC places. I fear that, if anything, the new influx of talent will make for an even less cohesive team with even more diffuse and vague tactics. I hope for DM's sake I'm wrong on that one. I don't really like this "co-leader" business either - Dan is the man or he isn't.

I can't wait for the racing to start up again. There should be year round racing so we'd all have something to watch on the turbo.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

He performed well at the giro this this year so it's deserved. It would be fantastic if he got into the top douzen or so.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭drogdub

He might get a go in the Vuelta too

Advertisement