Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red zone

Options
  • 20-12-2010 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭

So most of us seen the red zone properly for the first time ever last night.

What did people make if it?

I found it can be a bit hectic at times.

I wouldn't mind if they had it on the red button.

red zone like it or not 30 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    70% 21 votes
    Didn't mind it but I like to watch a full game
    30% 9 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭damoz

Didnt like it. Id rather watch one game unfold and catch the highlights of the other games on NFL.com . Too much jumping around to get into any game. Agree - it would be a good red button option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

i enjoyed it except for sky going to a break at what seemed always the wrong time, but apart from that, i enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

I really enjoy it, but saying that I didnt look at it on Sky. I usually have the telly on with Skys game and the laptop showing Red Zone, unless there is a game that I really want to see.

I think its a great way to keep abreast of all the games which is perfect if there is no "must see game." Shouldnt really be on Sky though, its much more important to educate new fans etc with a full match instead of just "here's a touchdown from game X"

• Registered Users Posts: 37,956 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I much prefer a real game. Its better than no football at all but thats as far as I'd go. I can see it being really exciting for FF fans who are not really into the game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

frostie500 wrote: »
    I really enjoy it, but saying that I didnt look at it on Sky. I usually have the telly on with Skys game and the laptop showing Red Zone, unless there is a game that I really want to see.

I think its a great way to keep abreast of all the games which is perfect if there is no "must see game." Shouldnt really be on Sky though, its much more important to educate new fans etc with a full match instead of just "here's a touchdown from game X"

I do the same, laptop on with redzone and full game on either tv or laptop. I do prefer a full game tho,a nd I switched ont he Eagles game as it was playing out in the 4th as its the best way to see what is really going on

but, it does help fans start watching it. friend of mine has half interest in football, but only watched highlights, or the re runs sky do on the Monday without ads. so last night he was loving it. it shows people the main things they like in football, so the more they watch of that, chances are the more they will watch of a whole game. a lot of people find games boring and full of ads, so with this, its action the whole time and once they have the basic understanding, they'd enjoy a full game more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

Were the redzone all that was on, I would agree. But there is a full game afterwards to watch. So we get the best of both worlds. Redzone is great for the final quarter when they focus on a couple of tight games.

I lived in DC for a couple of years and the normal sunday would be spent watching redzone at home with friends for the early match, and the sports bar for the evening match. It is very popular with football fans over there

• Registered Users Posts: 17,093 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I couldn't stand it tbh. Football is not just about scores, much in the same way sex isn't just about the climax.

But hey, if Sky keep running it there's always vShare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Like I've said before, Red Zone is great if you have it on a laptop or computer beside you while watching a full game on TV. Sky going to commercials was a bit silly though. I know they have to, but one of Red Zone's big selling points is the fact that it is interruption free.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

The show itself is well made, but Sky's breaks (NFL Network have none) made it confusing at times.

What Sky did last week, a featured game where they cut to Red Zone (live or deferred) here and there for highlights in the game's breaks and then, after the featured game ended, leaving Red Zone on to see the conclusion of the biggest game still going (in this case the Oakland-Jacksonville game) is the ideal situation for me, you're staying up-to-date and you get to see the ebb and flow of a game as well.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I much prefer a real game. Its better than no football at all but thats as far as I'd go. I can see it being really exciting for FF fans who are not really into the game.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Was unsure at first, it felt like Football for those with ADD, but as the games reached their conclusions it was compelling, unmissable TV, I couldn't take my eyes from it. Don't know if I would want it all year, but in the final few weeks of Reg season, I'm all for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Wasn't happy about it going into yesterday and my opinion hasn't changed. I'd rather watch a full game anyday and glance at nfl.com in between plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Redzone has been CANCELLED

http://twitter.com/#!/SkySportsPaulH

Chicago versus Jets will be aired at 6PM next Sunday.

http://nfluk.com/news/kirkwood-on-redzone-201210.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

It works when you can watch it on your PC, a huge draw of it was it is advertisement free

So having ads put in by a broadcaster will leave people with a bad impression

Also, with so many early games yesterday it wasn't the best week to judge it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭Raoul

Fair play to sky for at least giving it ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Apparently it's on the red button.

Everyone wins, well done Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭Raoul

Excellent stuff. :)

And surely without breaks, given the trouble they had with not being able to air breaks in the red button games previously. Red Zone as it should be shown and a live game. Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,225 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I'm not Sky's biggest fans but credit where credit is due. Fair play. NFLUK and Sky seem to be listening to the fans which is good.

Now if they could just listen to the Andy Gray haters and get rid of him the world would be better :).

Advertisement