Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why Government is more afraid of debt than depression

Options
  • 20-12-2010 6:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

In the following interview, Professor Michael Hudson refers to bankers as "parasites" which is what i happen to agree with 100%

why? by definition, a parasite is:

an animal or plant that lives in or on a host (another animal or plant); it obtains nourishment from the host without benefiting or killing the host

leech: a follower who hangs around a host (without benefit to the host) in hope of gain or advantage

That to me sounds like a banker.

Anyway, enjoy the following interview and start waking up.

The bankers want to reduce taxes for themselves and place it on working people instead.

Strangely, a lot of Irish people seem to think this is a good idea to have increased taxes to pay off debts bankers created.

Unfortunately, people are brainwashed and i feel this is due to mainly miseducation as demonstrated on here by some badly educated economic students.

That isn't a challenge by the way, i'm not interested whatsoever in hearing someone patronise me on why paying bankers debts is the only solution, just keep that BS to yourself, i'm sick hearing it.

Professor hudson is veteran of economics, I think you'll agree he knows more about what's going on than some silly macro economic irish students.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭loldog

Good video, check this out, former Reagan Asst Treasury Secretary talking about Ireland and the IMF:

Skip to 3:30 or so and watch until 6:30 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

OP, people can't post counter-points to you post if they want. If you just want a soapbox, get a blog.

edit: And stick to the topic. Don't argue mod warnings on thread.

Advertisement