Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Cork a great looking place ?

Options
  • 19-12-2010 3:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey lads and all the guys ( that includes girls ) in Cork and Ireland - I badly need your help.

Im a student here in Washington DC and visited Cork in June and had a great time

While there I made a movie of the lovely country side -- and am using it as part of my thesis and a competition im entering in the NY--- but I need your help ASAP

Tutor tells me to get feedback -- good bad or indifferent - as to whether people like my work.

So if you can - have a look at the movies of West Cork - and lets know what you think by filling in the Poll or/and writing a comment - a comment is better

I posted this in the Cork County Board but seems like they are shy there and just looked and made no comment.

The first movie is about a minute so shouldnt take much time - there are 8 in total - covering the area from Kinsale to Mizen head - but you only need to look at them all if you really want.

You may need to maximise the browser or they could look small.

You need Adobe flash to view them -- if you have the latest flash player and cant see them be a pal and let me know

Thanks so much you people in Cork or elsewhere for your help

I loved you in the summer and will love you even more

XXX

Sonya
    20100618_115107_00001.png

Clickl link to view West Cork

http://www.ratsass.tv/?e=1234&i=425&a=100&z=0&y=0

Comment on the Movies 31 votes

Great
    0% 0 votes
    Very Good
    25% 8 votes
    OK
    35% 11 votes
    Crap - think thats what you guys say
    19% 6 votes
    Couldnt view them but have Adode Player
    19% 6 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

sonya_riet wrote: »
    I loved you in the summer and will love you even more

XXX

HowYouDoin1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭RebeccaChick

I thought these videos were brilliant, that song is annoying though and takes from the videos.
    The videos were a great length, not too long & not too short.
    Great locations, they all look like moving postcards, I love West Cork!
    Best of luck with the work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Lovely videos. I've put the link on my facebook profile. I liked the music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭themonboys

I think you captured the "country feeling" pretty well but I disliked the way it was edited, it didn't seem to flow. If you could fade the clips into each other it would improve the viewing experience IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

Nice images, however as another said, some/all of the movies could do with editing. The Kinsale movie illustrates this point well, as it goes back and forth to similar shots/images. If you'd cut down on the duplication, you'd have had room for some other iconic shots of the town.
    The music had nothing to do with the subject matter, unless I'm missing something.(probably) Anything with an Irish theme would've been better I'd say. U2,Snow Patrol, etc etc
    Be interesting (as one student to another) to know what you're majoring in. If its film studies, did you ditch a lot of classes? :D
    Technically there's a lot going on which is problematic, however the images you took would make me want to visit West Cork and maybe that's the key thing. In fact, if you combined all the movies into one lasting thirty seconds or so as if a commercial by the tourist board, I think you'd have more impact and a slicker end result. A case of less is more. Might help with the end product as a competition entry as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

I accidentally answered OK based on forum and thread title alone, because I think Cork City is just fine - nothing against it, but I don't believe it's the world's most beautiful place.

However, the video is lovely, and I really do like West Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

do not use U2 music, i'm tired of every clip about Ireland having a U2 music theme, we are not defined by U2! plus U2 are a dublin band, and Snow Patrol are a northern Ireland band.

just use your own music.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I am amazed that 5 people have selected crap! They must not have ventured far outside Cork to see that what is in our county is some of the best scenery you can get.

If any of you have ever been to the West Coast of the US for any period of time you will hear the Americans always talking about how spectacular the drive along the coast (HW-1) is in California. They don't shut up about Big Sur and the likes and so there was I, fierce excited about seeing what many Americans deem to be their best coastal scenery.
    Well I was hugely disappointed as it didn't remotely come near to the breaktaking nature of the Ring of Beara. I am being deadly serious here but of the many places I have been in the world the Beara Ring is still one of the most amazing drives you can do on a sunny day.

In regards to Cork City... its not bad to be honest. Not great but certainly not crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭teekayd25

If you're looking for some great music to go with the clips I would definitely say you should check out Armoured Bear, from West Cork.

http://vimeo.com/3160618?pg=embed&sec=

http://www.myspace.com/armouredbear

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Donne

Sonya, I know it's off topic but I just looked at your Paris video from the Seine (Bateau Mouche?), and thought both the pictures and the music were briliant.

I'll get back to you on Cork.

• Advertisement
Advertisement