Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xmas gift for gambler

Options
  • 19-12-2010 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

So Daddy loves his horse gambling. It's basically his only pleasure.

Trying to think of a Christmas gift for him. He wouldn't be into general paraphernalia (clothing, novelty gifts etc.) and didn't seem to care too much for the giant form guide books I've bought him in the past.

If betfair or similar did gift vouchers I'd buy him some of those but as far as I can see none of them do (don't think he'd like if I gave him vouchers which had to be redeemed in a physcial bookies).

The other thing I can think of is Cheltenham or similar tickets (recommendations appreciated).

As a hardcore gambler, what would you like to receive as a gift this Christmas?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

21-steps-to-stop-gambling.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Back his favourite team to win a specific trophy, favourite horse to win Cheltenham/Aintree etc.
    That way it will last until the race/event is over.
    Mind you if he supports Aberdeen/A Villa/Drogheda or the likes, you could be in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

You could buy him tickets to leopardstown xmas festival, thats if the meeting goes ahead, theres a few packages too, 35 quid for basic one and 90 i think it is for the other one..

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭pietromas

only1stevo wrote: »
    You could buy him tickets to leopardstown xmas festival, thats if the meeting goes ahead, theres a few packages too, 35 quid for basic one and 90 i think it is for the other one..

Was looking at Leopardstown. Is the 26th the best day to go? I assume there are no refunds in the event of cancellation?

only1stevo wrote: »

Thanks but this would deprive him of the thrill. Like giving someone a crossword with the answers filled in.

• Advertisement

Sarge wrote: »
    21-steps-to-stop-gambling.jpg

Thanks but this year we are focussing on tackling Mammys violent alcoholism. One intervention is enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

pietromas wrote: »
    Was looking at Leopardstown. Is the 26th the best day to go? I assume there are no refunds in the event of cancellation?

There'd be better people than me on here who would know best day to go etc.. I'm not sure but ive always had fun on stephens day and thers a couple of big races...
    Not sure on the refund front sorry..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Stephens day is probably the busiest day but not the best day's racing (Grade 1 Chase & Grade 2 Hurdle) but be the looks of weather it might be in trouble.
    Afaik if the meeting is cancelled, they offer you tickets to another day, not sure what happens if you can't make it but I'd assume they would have to give you a refund.
    http://www.leopardstown.com/

Paddy Power have an offer for their day (27th - Grade 1 Chase & Novice Hurdle), if you have an online account or know someone who does, tickets are €10 each.

28th: Probably best racing: 2 Grade 1 Chases including the Lexus and a Grade 2 Hurdle.

29th: Grade 1 Hurdle.

Take you choice.
    If coming off the M50 take exit 15.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

WHATS UR BUDGET??? (Basically, how much do you love him?...:p)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

By him a horse :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

Kod-box wrote: »
    By him a horse :P

if ya want one,,,,,,,fúck your honda civic,,,,,"IVE A HORSE OUTSIDE".....:pac:

Advertisement