Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playoff bound

Options
  • 19-12-2010 12:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

As a devout Bears fan the mauling by the Pats was sore but now im praying for a Pats win over Green Bay so clinching the Division for Lovie and the Boys. My question is who out there can see anybody but the Mighty Patriots taking Vince Lombardi home ? .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

As a devout Bears fan the mauling by the Pats was sore but now im praying for a Pats win over Green Bay so clinching the Division for Lovie and the Boys. My question is who out there can see anybody but the Mighty Patriots taking Vince Lombardi home ? .

yeah the pats are looking good, but i had a little wager on the eagles at 10-1 acouple of weeks ago,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

The pats are playing amazing right now but a whole lot can change in a short space of time. One sub par game by Brady and they'd be out. No-one else on that team will win them a game. There's a reason he's a lock for MVP.

Dying to see an Eagles Patriots superbowl tho. REVENGE!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,533 ✭✭✭Trampas

As things stand the NFC west team to qualify will have a 8-8 record at best but I am wondering what is the worse record to make it to playoffs?

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

Superbowls arent won in December (thank god), and once they hit the playoffs anything can happen. They sure look favourites but thats happened before with New England and they've fallen. The Falcons and the Ravens seem to be coming good at the right time too, would love to see Atlanta go deep into the playoffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

now im praying for a Pats win over Green Bay so clinching the Division for Lovie and the Boys.

Any chance of the Lotto numbers from whatever point of the future you're in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,749 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Trampas wrote: »
    As things stand the NFC west team to qualify will have a 8-8 record at best but I am wondering what is the worse record to make it to playoffs?
    this is my big problem with the playoffs and division winners getting a spot in the playoffs. The NFC west is woeful and the teams in crap divisions get rewarded for being bad. Sorry but it's one of my big problems with the playoff system as it stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

I reckon division winners should still get in, but they shouldn't automatically get one of the top four seeds. So if Seattle win the NFC Worst this year with 7-9, as is entirely possible, they should be the 6 seed and have to play an away game in the first round of the playoffs.

As for the Pats being a lock for the SB, this is far from over. Sure they look the best team in the league now, but the Rodgers-less Packers showed that they are far from unbeatable. Any one of the Packers, Ravens, Eagles, Colts, Chargers, Falcons or Saints could beat them on their day, even the Giants or Steelers could cause them some serious problems. The NFL is littered with favourites who didn't go all the way.

Advertisement