Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Majik' Don Majkowski

Options
  • 19-12-2010 3:34am

Think after referring to him in a few posts its about time I gave him a thread.

Am I on my own, do I completely overrate him, or do other Packers and football fans here remember him with such affection? After years of watching the Pack crumble and stutter, he was the first player I remember as a superstar at the franchise (though I do remember the tail end of Lofton's career at Lambeau), the first player who made me believe Green Bay could beat any other team it faced.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

Ys you over-rate him, 1 good season & if he hadn't crossed the line off scrimmage against the Bears before throwing the ball & winning the game, they may not even have won a division that year :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

He got a big contract extension because he beat the Bears twice one season.

He is an utterly forgettable footnote in the Bears v Packers rivalry.

Packers Hall of Famer. Apart from the Bears results they went from 5-9 and 4-12 to 10-6 in his only full season in 1989, and continued the good run until he got injured half way through the following season.

Advertisement