Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping a PC advice appreciated!

Options
  • 18-12-2010 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am emigrating to Germany in January and I am in the process of organising shipping of some of my stuff over there.

I'm hoping to ship a pallet with my TV, PS3, PC, Monitor and NAS along with a few other random boxes.

I was hoping some kind folk could advise me on shipping the PC and NAS.

I had a friend who used an post a few years ago to ship his PC to the uk and they trashed it, footprints on the box and all! (despite being covered in fragile stickers) so I'm a little worried.

I have a fairly standard tower pc with a decent graphics card and a few hard drives in it, my plan was to take the hard drives out and carry them in my hand luggage(in anti static bags), remove the graphics card and pack it back in the original box and maybe fill the computer with crumpled newspaper inside to prevent stuff from rattling.

would this be sufficient to help prevent the pc from getting trashed?

whats the story with carrying hard drives in hand luggage?

on another note, was thinking of carrying my wii in my hand luggage too... good or bad idea?

any advice is most welcome!

Comments

Advertisement