Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working In France Next Summer

Options
  • 18-12-2010 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hey. I am a First Year College student and want do travel, earn an income, get more experience working, build up my cv, etc. My friends and I (just like three of us) were thinking about going to France for all of next summer. Just wondering has anyone here done summer work in France? Where would people recommend going in France? I heard about working in Monte-Carlo and also working on farms?? Thanks :)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Cillerz wrote: »
    Hey. I am a First Year College student and want do travel, earn an income, get more experience working, build up my cv, etc. My friends and I (just like three of us) were thinking about going to France for all of next summer. Just wondering has anyone here done summer work in France? Where would people recommend going in France? I heard about working in Monte-Carlo and also working on farms?? Thanks :)

I did a years work experience in the La Défense area of Paris. May not be the worst spot to look as there's a lot English needed there. Other than that I'd try get a job that doesn't involve dealing with the general public like a cleaner in a hotel (assuming you don't speak much French).

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Cillerz

I did a years work experience in the La Défense area of Paris. May not be the worst spot to look as there's a lot English needed there. Other than that I'd try get a job that doesn't involve dealing with the general public like a cleaner in a hotel (assuming you don't speak much French).

Thanks for the reply Captain Havoc. How did you find out about that? What exactly did you do!? I have a good standard of French I like to think! A2 in the Leaving this year just want to keep it up..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Cillerz wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply Captain Havoc. How did you find out about that? What exactly did you do!? I have a good standard of French I like to think! A2 in the Leaving this year just want to keep it up..

Super fair play, I got it through my college. I just though of another idea, I was sent to work in a place called Montreux, which is in Switzerland. There every summer, there's a music festival which is two weeks long. There are a few companies that do various festivals over the summer, the other one I can think of is the Paléo festival in Nyon. I'll ask a friend of mine and see if he knows who you could send a CV to. The money is generally good if you work for a caterer as opposed to the festival organisers but you'll probably have to live out of a tent for the summer as you'll be moving around a bit :) I'm not sure what the visa situation is at the moment as I know they're introducing that Europeans can work without one or get one automatically, I'm not really sure.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Cillerz

Thanks very much! Ah jeez I would sleep anywhere a tent wouldn't really bother me. Just once another Summer is wasted doing nothing in Ireland! Are you doing a French course?

Advertisement