Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Fixie should i get for christmas?

Options
  • 18-12-2010 8:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey everyone.:D
    Im looking to buy a fixie in Dublin for chrsitmas.
    Could anyone recomend a few please and links.
    my price range is 200-300.
    And are Raleigh Fixies any good.
    Theres a few on gumtree and i was looking at them. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

Rothar and the Belfield bike shop (UCD) will both build you a fixie (converted from old road bikes) for a reasonable price as far as I know.
    As for the stuff on gumtree, adverts etc. It's hard to say, some of the stuff is good, some of it's crap. Depends what the original bike was, some raleigh frames were better than others. Look for 531 stickers (refering to the quality of steel tubing used), 501 is ok if the price is nice, avoid 18-23 unless it's very cheap altogether.
    Also, be wary of "custom paint jobs" these might look great for a while but can chip easily if not done right and you don't know what sort of corrosion to the frame might have been covered up.

Advertisement