Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

joe duffy and his audience exposed as idiots......... ONCE AGAIN.

Options
  • 18-12-2010 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭

i'm sure a lot have people have seen this already but i havent seen it posted so here it is.

the usual joe duffy crap some fool calls in givin out about the story of the month that they no nothing about. that anthony fella even admitted he'd only seen it once. so he probably hasn't seen any of their other stuff so really has no place to give out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

f0ggy92 wrote: »
    i'm sure a lot have people have seen this already but i havent seen it posted so here it is.

the usual joe duffy crap some fool calls in givin out about the story of the month that they no nothing about. that anthony fella even admitted he'd only seen it once. so he probably hasn't seen any of their other stuff so really has no place to give out.

irony6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

dammit i thought i'd edited it before anyone had noticed my ninja skills are gettin rusty:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Can anyone give a TL/DL version of this??....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Jakob

Can anyone give a TL/DL version of this??....

Joe Duffy is a W*****

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Joe Duffy and his callers and their superior attitudes are destroyed by the man with the plastic bag over his head.

Justice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Quote of the year
    Joe duffy wrote:
    No, willie O'dea did not endorse 60 cent as far as I know

• Registered Users Posts: 5,719 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Krieg wrote: »
    Quote of the year

Willie O'Dea endorses Tupac.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

"Im an artist but i fukin love money!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭keanooo

Krieg wrote: »
    No, willie O'dea did not endorse 60 cent as far as I know

Someone made the point to me that this sounded deliberate. That Joe was playing to the public image of himself.

When you think of it, it is hardly possible someone like him wouldn't have heard of 50 cent. Joe has a teenage kid after all...

What do people think?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

keanooo wrote: »
    Someone made the point to me that this sounded deliberate. That Joe was playing to the public image of himself.

When you think of it, it is hardly possible someone like him wouldn't have heard of 50 cent. Joe has a teenage kid after all...

What do people think?
    Playing to the public image of being clueless?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,069 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Have watched the 2.5 parts - is the rest worth watching?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Have watched the 2.5 parts - is the rest worth watching?
    2nd half is where bandit destroys anthony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

Drugage usage :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

Joe: is that... can you talk properly
    BlindBoy: what do you mean can I talk properly?

lol :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Oh Jaysus, that is some Dire Shoite, I remember Liveline when it was quality news and current affairs show hosted by Marianne Finucane

granted the calibre of people calling in wasnt much better but Marianne had the capacity to put them in their place nd remind them that they were in fact retards and should be ashamed of themselves for wasting the price of a phonecall on something as Stupid as that.

Somehow I doubt that the likes of Anthony would have fared well on the old show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭keanooo

Playing to the public image of being clueless?

Or to the image of him not being "with it".

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

What do people think?

That you Joe?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Father Ted creators Arthur Mathews and Graham Linehan just gave Rubberbandits their thumbs up on Ray D'Arcys' show.

And they mentioned how Joe Duffy tried to make them look like fools.

Joe said they were a joke and their reply was was very simple, "Yes we are a joke"!

Arthur and Graham also said that they like the Bandits and thought they were funny and obviously intelligent. Is there any higher honor? I think that is better than a BAFTA or whatever. Praise from the creators of the best comedy ever made.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

What do people think?
    I'll give joe that...you are correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Joe: "Who told you to take out the references to drugs and cocaine from the song"?

Blindboy: "Derek Davis. Derek Davis personally came down from the North of Ireland."

Hahahahaha

"I'm gonna take you out to Mullingaaaarrrr!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

That fella with the bag over his head needs his sack ironed for him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Jesus. The worst thing about that whole segment was how idiotic Joe Duffy came across. The problem with arguing with people like that are they have no idea what satire is in the first place, so the whole debate is pointless. They've no valid point because they don't even get the idea of the video. It was the same thing when the Pythons were attacked by the The Bishop of Southwark over The Life Of Brian and when Brass Eye was attacked by the tabloids in the UK over the paedophile special. There's no point in arguing with idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Sanjuro wrote: »
    Jesus. The worst thing about that whole segment was how idiotic Joe Duffy came across. The problem with arguing with people like that are they have no idea what satire is in the first place, so the whole debate is pointless. They've no valid point because they don't even get the idea of the video. It was the same thing when the Pythons were attacked by the The Bishop of Southwark over The Life Of Brian and when Brass Eye was attacked by the tabloids in the UK over the paedophile special. There's no point in arguing with idiots.
    yeah we've heard it so often before and they still haven't copped on. I feel like ringing Joe Duffy to complain about Joe Duffy callers and their mentality..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

Anyone have an audio clip of that section of the Ray D'Arcy show from this morning? Would love to hear it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Joe Duffy and his callers and their superior attitudes are destroyed by the man with the plastic bag over his head.

Justice.

And I notice you used the word "callers" and not "audience" like the OP said. Big, big difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

I listen to Joe practically every day he had a man on the other day whose father commited suicide, he later found some poems his father had written one of them 3 years ago, in it his father forecast the way the irish economy was going,here is the podcast and its well worth listening to his son reciting this work of his late father, and how accurate he had forseen it all,its about a 7 minute clip;
    http://www.rte.ie/radio1/podcast/podcast_liveline.xml

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

barney4001 wrote: »
    I listen to Joe practically every day he had a man on the other day whose father commited suicide, he later found some poems his father had written one of them 3 years ago, in it his father forecast the way the irish economy was going,here is the podcast and its well worth listening to his son reciting this work of his late father, and how accurate he had forseen it all,its about a 7 minute clip;
    http://www.rte.ie/radio1/podcast/podcast_liveline.xml
    Your dead right I really should listen to more of Joe :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

When BlindBoy joins the conversation and starts talking, Joe Duffy asks him "Can you talk properly?"

Yes because 'talking properly' means stuttering in a thick Dublin accent like he does. What a ****ing handicap.*

*Pronounced 'haaaaaaaaandicap'

Advertisement