Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bottle priming spoon

Options
  • 18-12-2010 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi folks,

first post on this forum

does anyone know where you can source a bottle priming spoon as in this link

http://www.beerbelly.com.au/bottling.html

I've my third kit on (coopers brewmaster irish stout), have just bottled a batch of IPA and found fiddling about with the priming sugar a bit of a pain, just looking for the convienece of either of these gadgets.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭FarmerGreen

I use a funnel and a spoon to prime 2L PET bottles.

I wish I'd invented this, but the brother inlaw stores his bottles cap down.
    Have you got it yet?
    Then you undo the cap just enough to blow the sediment out. Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭pdebarra

A number of more experienced people suggest adding the sugar in one batch to your barrel, rather than faffing about with the bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

pdebarra wrote: »
    A number of more experienced people suggest adding the sugar in one batch to your barrel, rather than faffing about with the bottles.

Also if you boil the priming solution it will reduce your chance if infection

• Registered Users Posts: 27 qazxsw1

Looks like no one has seen the gadget I referrred to in the original link above so ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

qazxsw1 wrote: »
    Looks like no one has seen the gadget I referrred to in the original link above so ?

Saw it but it noting going to help your sanitized process, a packet of sugar from coffee shops is around 3-4g of sugar. Just a easy to prime with and saves you money too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 qazxsw1

or a mini disposable funnel made from tin foil does the trick I've found. - It's the simple solutions...

Advertisement