Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a bit of fun ...the ugliest watch

Options
  • 18-12-2010 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭

Apart from obviously ugly "joke" watches or promotional gimmick thingies ...what are the ugliest watches that you have come across?

I know, it's all a matter of personal taste (and we thankfully all have different tastes) but I for one can't help but wonder what went through the designers mind when they came up with this "beauty" for example:

487-CEZAD005T0-2.jpg487-CEZAD005T0-3.jpg

or that one
    6651-JV0020-04E-1.jpg6651-JV0020-04E-3.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

Take your pick:

11111.JPG

22222.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

bedlam wrote: »
    :eek: Jesus!! Taste bypass! The bling rapper stuff is usually cringeworthy. Basically take really expensive base watch, cover liberally in superglue, place in bag of diamonds, shake liberally until dry... :D

Though m4r10's Casio is well up there. Indeed beyond on the irony front and as for the Brietling... well I was never a fan of any of them ;) Welllll their early Chrono's under the Montbrilliant name were nice but that's 60 years back.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

No seriously Usher, WTJumpingF were/are you thinking? And it's a quartz. Oh god looking at that has made what passes for my dodgy style look positively chic. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    as for the Brietling... well I was never a fan of any of them ;)

The above picture should help you make up your mind once and for all! :rolleyes:

Breitling don't do anything for me either, their dials are far too busy for my liking!

That and the weird faux sharkskin Bund strap really takes the biscuit.

• Advertisement

Tis stingray.
    technically its still a cartilaginous fish. :D
    While not to gone on the breitling, it's certainly the strap that ruins the watch in this instance, a plain leather band and it could be passable.
    Maybe, but still....

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Flashwatches

Ugly? you want ugly? These should come with a public heath warning.....
    4ugly.jpg
    3ugly.jpg
    5ugly.jpg
    6ugly.jpg
    2ugly.jpg

And the ugliest for last, possibly the worst looking watch on the planet......:eek:
    1ugly.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Flashwatches

I just read the article in the link about the watch, did you see how much he paid for that POS?......$250,000!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I just read the article in the link about the watch, did you see how much he paid for that POS?......$250,000!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

I think that's the whole point :D

Mo' money than sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Almost as bad as that Rolex. :eek:

omega-watches_18228.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

No pic but Jessica Simpson bought Nick Lachey a fairly hideous one for his birthday

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭MrSparkle

Just saw this on TZ UK. I think Graham might have overdone it with the Cyclops!

SP-G9-dial.jpg

Actually just saw this on the same thread!

GR-264.jpg

Looks like it's catching. Kanye spends $180,000 for one of his own.

2431710-10214362-thumbnail.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1294950562111

Well, I was on the fence with this one, but if KANYE got one, I will never rest untill I get one as well!

Well the cycling forum has a boards jersey, perhaps we could have a boards logo Tiret :P

Sure, why not, but only if they're encrusted with some diamonds! :rolleyes:

m4r10 wrote: »
    Sure, why not, but only if they're encrusted with some diamonds! :rolleyes:
    Jayzuz, steady on there m4r10, head office has just had a collective heart attack :D Rhinestones, take em or leave em.

I can see the engraving on the back though. BoardsWatch. Now you're ticking.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭marcus1971

Heres one I sold a few months ago, Omega "Jedi" 176.005 from the early '70ies.
    Huge for an old watch and hhheavy, ugly but really cool at the same time.

IMG_2498.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Blackpitts

Mr Jones Watches - the accurate

...no comment.

MJW_A_1205272285.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I have found the holy grail of tastless ugliness :D

Feast your eyes on this (sorry for the big picture)

TD-GP-2_1_spb.jpg

yours for a mere 20,000 US Dollars

there's 38 more like it on here:

http://www.smirs.com/tsedro-watches/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

peasant wrote: »
    I have found the holy grail of tastless ugliness :D

Feast your eyes on this (sorry for the big picture)

TD-GP-2_1_spb.jpg

yours for a mere 20,000 US Dollars

there's 38 more like it on here:

http://www.smirs.com/tsedro-watches/
    Why a chrono? You can't even read the registers ffs, what are you going to be timing with that? Ludicrous. Like putting 2 extra doors on the back of a Lamborghini that open onto nothing, just because you have 2 doors to use.

Advertisement