Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moved by bravery..[DFB]

Options
  • 18-12-2010 1:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

Just wanted to recognize the bravery of two member's of Dublin Fire Brigade who rescued someone from the river Liffey last night.

Without getting bogged down on detail, a lady went into the Liffey last night (at the Millenium bridge), there followed a frantic search by Garda, DFB and bystanders.. When the person was found a fireman went into the water after her (at the Ha'Penny bridge) and another went in from the boardwalk nearer to O'Connell St bridge and swam up to meet his colleague in the water and rescue the person.

I was serious impressed, and a little moved at seeing the guys bravery.

At the time the air temp was well below zero C, and snow/sleet was falling. I can't imagine how cold the water was.

I'm not articulate enough to put it into words, but I'm seriously impressed and want to acknowledge their bravery here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Send a letter to DFB pearse street explaining the situation and hopefully the message would get passed down the line, im sure it would make some firefighters very happy indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭u2gooner

That was crews from C watch, from HQ at Tara st, and Phibsboro stations. They actually rescued 2 people from the liffey lastnight in freezing temperatures. This is a very common scene for DFB but the praise of the public is not so common so thank you. A small note or email to the General office in Tara st will find its way to the lads and will be greatly appreciated I can assure you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

u2gooner wrote: »
    That was crews from C watch, from HQ at Tara st, and Phibsboro stations. They actually rescued 2 people from the liffey lastnight in freezing temperatures. This is a very common scene for DFB but the praise of the public is not so common so thank you. A small note or email to the General office in Tara st will find its way to the lads and will be greatly appreciated I can assure you

Yup, I heard a member of the public went into the river in a rescue attempt initially.

I didn't want to go into too much detail as I don't know the circumstances of the person who fell in first. Thanks all the same.

Hope everyone is safe & well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

That must gave taken some serious courage, Christ myself and a friend couldn't shut up moaning about the twenty minute wait for a taxi last night so hearing about that really out it all in perspective.

Just a suggestion but might it be an idea to move the thread over to the Dublin forum where mire people can hear about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Cliff Hanger

Huge well done to the guys involved!! From what I hear they have been getting a lot of calls for people in the Liffey recently.

Would be nice to see more in the media about this to highlight the need for the essential rescue cover that they provide for the capitals river.

Keep up the great work guys! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement