Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Humble Indie Bundle #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Here's the download menu when you've bought the bundle. The menu below is on the Windows tab. As you can see, Mac and Linux are there too.

bundle2downloadmenu.png

A nice touch this time is the availability of the various game soundtracks.

Osmos looks and sounds great, very much like the PSP game 'Flow'.

Machinarium is a great looking point and click, by the same company that contributed the enjoyable (but short!) Samorost 2 in the previous bundle.

Cortex command has all sorts going on, a manic and sly mix of 'Z' (Bitmap Brothers 1996), Soldat and Worms, along with several other games.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

If only I hadn't bought 2 of the Indie packs in the recent Steam sale.

How else can I justify buying mo....
    >Pay what you want
    ... oh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Nice one, all over this like a crafty spider!
    Out of interest, how much are people paying for this? Any cheapskates only giving 1p for it? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

nice, there is a good secret santa present sorted! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Dytalus

Well, there goes yet more of my money. Cortex Command, Osmos and Titans certainly look entertaining. Comfortable new gaming period ahead I think.

Just noticed that there's also a bit of charity thrown in. Kudos to the Indie business!

tman wrote: »
    Nice one, all over this like a crafty spider!
    Out of interest, how much are people paying for this? Any cheapskates only giving 1p for it? :p
    I'd be willing to pay $5 for each game which doesn't interest me (Braid, Machinarium), $10 each for Osmos, Titans and Cortex, $10 for the EFF and then another $20 for Child's Play.

Of course, willing to pay and able to pay are two different things, and I don't want to end up being a cheapskate. I'll probably only be able to afford $20 for the whole bundle, which is too little IMO. :(

• Advertisement

Dytalus wrote: »
    I'll probably only be able to afford $20 for the whole bundle, which is too little IMO. :(

I think you're spot on with $20.. I donated $20, that's about fair, in my mind.

Interesting to note that Linux users seem to donate almost 2x Windows users. Mac users pay a bit more than Windows users, but they normally do.. (ba-dum tishhhh.. ;) )

Revenge of the Titans is a very nice Tower Defense with some RTS features thrown in, the tech tree is diverse, if a little severe, make the wrong purchase and it isn't going to turn out well. The visual style is pleasing to the eye. Vector like with an effective simplicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

You can now get a code for steam & desura when you use your link. Nice to have, but I'll stick to the DRM free versions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Monotype wrote: »
    You can now get a code for steam & desura when you use your link. Nice to have, but I'll stick to the DRM free versions.

Nice one... Always handy to have all of your games in the one place, and automatically patched...
    Looks like Revenge of the Titans and one of the other ones isn't available on steam yet

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

$16 (~€12) from me.
    Forgot which way it was split.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

15 euro from me. NIce to see some games on linux:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,198 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Hmm, own three of the games already, and would love to donate but don't have a hell of a lot of money at the moment. What are Cortex Command and Revenge of the Titans like? If they're decent might be willing however...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

http://www.humblebundle.com/

humble bundle 1 is now free when you buy humble bundle 2, minimum price for both is around €5.60

It's also free to people who bought bundle 2 already

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Wow that's amazing, getting last year's games too. Probably the best €20 I ever spent on videogames.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Are the other games any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

yeah , can i get the redeemable code and give it to someone else ? I already own the first bundle
    Dear Humble Indie Bundle customer, I would just like to personally thank you for your support in making the Humble Indie Bundle #2 even more successful than the first one. As thanks, I have added the Humble Indie Bundle #1 into your bundle. If you go to your personal download page, you will find the following games waiting for you

SeantheMan wrote: »
    yeah , can i get the redeemable code and give it to someone else ? I already own the first bundle

I think so, unless it won't give you the first bundle again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Bought this a while ago, absolutely loving Cortex Command :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

fair play to notch . $2000

I quite like this graphic put together by Niklas Jansson, via Amanita Design, showing Bundle I games holding on to Bundle II's balloon..

hib2and1.jpg

http://machinarium.net/blog/2010/12/22/your-humble-bundle-just-doubled/

All the games squeezed in.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Sorry about the super duper bump!

Thought people would like to know that Revenge of the Titans has made it's steam debut and may not have been updated to your games library by itself. Get the code from your humble bundle page and re-activate it with Steam, you'll get the option to tick in Revenge of the Titans and download.

Just incase people had forgotten :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Nice, I may finally activate them both on Steam, Cortex Command doesn't look like it'll ever be released.

Mine automatically showed up on my library, didn't need to re-enter the key

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It really shows how good value the Humble Indie Bundle is, as Revenge of the Titans alone on Steam is $13.49.

Advertisement