Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suddenly I'm a kid again...Xmas thanx to my Kid!!

Options
  • 18-12-2010 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭

Aren't Kids great. My daughter is 2 and a half now and has just got the whole concept of Santa=Presents.

I'm thirty now, and her shenanagins over the last few weeks have just brought that special feeling flooding back.

Go Santa, I'm no longer a Santa Atheist! Cos her love of Santa makes me giddy too!

Anyone feel this way...or is everyone too jaded by woe!????

What's the reason for being reasonable?

Is that an unreasonable question?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Santa is fake, made up by parents who lie to their children, why would you lie to your child? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I could do with the xmas buzz, it's been lacking this year.
    Can I borrow your little one?

Sorry.no shiftyness intended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Santa is fake, made up by parents who lie to their children, why would you lie to your child? :P

Sure telling kids theres no santy is the best part of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭stevejr

Do you have kids?? Or are trolls infertile?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

It's every parents dream to outlive their children.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

To get her to obey.

Fear of God doens't work anymore since, well lets face it, fear of priest is worse, so Santa bribery is all that's left!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

stevejr wrote: »
    Are they not asexual?

dubtom wrote: »

em...maybe I'm being cynical but that's a disturbing request. Sorry btw if I'm wrong.

Anyway kids make xmas great, so if you've not experienced that oul Xmas magic for a while....go do something special for your young relatives and see thier little faces, makes Xmas special.

In a commercial real sense then YES Santa is Fake(spoiler), but why would I ruin my daughter's happiness by explaining that......? Sorry ther Monty Burns but Xmas/Santa is good for kids and Adults

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Craebear

dubtom wrote: »

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_f3SZ5Tu916o/S8oMjXM7bVI/AAAAAAAAQfA/WHq5GqoU3vA/s1600/pedobear.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

The three stages of man...

1. You believe in Santa
    2. You don't believe in Santa
    3. You are Santa

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

Having Santa return to the house once the kids come along is fantastic!

When did Santy become Santa?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

TheZohan wrote: »

I know this is AH, but words fail me here. what's that 'Heart of Gold' stuff all about ? Is AH Insensitivity_Central now ?

That dream is closer now more than ever http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=115204

Craebear wrote: »

Dude I don't care what your intentions are, I'd love to punch you in the face for posting the name of that link. I like AH forum but it's starting to look like the FA, Freaks Anonymous.

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    I know this is AH, but words fail me here. what's that 'Heart of Gold' stuff all about ? Is AH Insensitivity_Central now ?

Google the quote...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Captain Commie

stoneill wrote: »
    When did Santy become Santa?

erm, since always

The reason I posted this is that I thought that other people might see the header and it would resonate with them...I think I posted in the wrong forum..I knew Boards was a Community...but alas it's a imperfect community. And worryingly there's alot of imperfects in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,025 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Dude I don't care what your intentions are, I'd love to punch you in the face for posting the name of that link.

I know exactly what you mean. As a parent myself, I am appalled at the creeping Americanisation of our language. It's paedobear FFS.

The reason I posted this is that I thought that other people might see the header and it would resonate with them...I think I posted in the wrong forum..I knew Boards was a Community...but alas it's a imperfect community. And worryingly there's alot of imperfects in it.

Don't worry it's just the strange boardsies they mostly come out at night...mostly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

I think I posted in the wrong forum

pretty much, yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

em...maybe I'm being cynical but that's a disturbing request. Sorry btw if I'm wrong.

Ehh,actually your probably right:o it does look shifty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I come home from a night of listening to people harping on and on about their offspring to a thread like this, omfg I am so sick of kids and their adoring staff parents.

Could you not just enjoy Christmas for yourself no, or can it only be done vicariously through children?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Google the quote...

Does Homer make it OK ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I might have kids, I dunno, usually I don't stick around to watch her clean off the tears :P

Lumen wrote: »
    I know exactly what you mean. As a parent myself, I am appalled at the creeping Americanisation of our language. It's paedobear FFS.

Ah you clever boy...well done. Light Bulb Here, read your comment tommorow in the cold light of day and then show it to your colleagues and family in context.

Semantics don't seem important when discussing such an issue, but well done you for trivialising an issue and derailing a thread.

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Does Homer make it OK ?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I think I posted in the wrong forum
    Yup

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement