Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do on christmas/new year.

Options
  • 18-12-2010 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭

So basically for 3rd year now in a row, I got question.
    What to do on Christmas and new year alone at home?
    All friends left off to other countries for a holidays, family left as well to different countries. So basically left alone. Any suggestions of what to do not to get bored and to cheer up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

I was home alone New Year's once. My God it was ****. And depressing. The best thing to do is something, go out. Anything. :P Bake a cake that will be ready JUST ON NEW YEARS. EPIC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Take up a new hobby maybe? If you're off college/school for a few weeks catch up on some reading or take up something that appeals to you.It'll help break up your days and pass the time quicker.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Do what we did last year and chat on C&H until six o'clock in the morning! \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

Do what we did last year and chat on C&H until six o'clock in the morning! \o/

What's C&H?

• Advertisement

arleitiss wrote: »
    What's C&H?

Clearasil and Hormones, the name of this forum. :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

What's C&H?

The forum you're posting in right now...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Its highly likely I'll be at home this new years due to the snow... Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Listen to The Downward Spiral from start to finish!

I did it last year >_>

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

jumpguy wrote: »
    Bake a cake that will be ready JUST ON NEW YEARS. EPIC.

Haha a hilariously good idea! I can imagine offering slices of cake to people. "Oh I made this last year but it *should* be ok to eat!" :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

What's C&H?

The fact that you asked this tells me that C&H is not the right forum for your thread OP. :)

So I'll move it to the Christmas forum - the good folks over there are constantly full of festive cheer and are sure to have ideas that'll cheer you up.

Advertisement