Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should boards.ie pay the media it borrows from?

Options
  • 18-12-2010 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭

Awhile ago I once saw Darragh off boards.ie tweet the question should journos pay boards.ie for information, see here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056078324 and now one was wondering should boards.ie pay various media for the rights to post their material in various posts?

Should boards.ie pay for other media sources? 2 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭strokemyclover

Yes.

I'm still alive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Where is the "don't know what the Fup you are on about" button?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭CokaColumbo

If I'm mistaken, please correct me. Are you saying that boards.ie should pay media sites for directing internet traffic to their content, which earns them money from advertising?.. i.e. pay them money for earning them money?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

sence of De Ja Vu there....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

No. Because people post and nearly always link to the article.

Journos that steal stuff from boards without quoting should be shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Journos should be shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Awhile ago I once saw Darragh off boards.ie tweet the question should journos pay boards.ie for information, see here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056078324 and now one was wondering should boards.ie pay various media for the rights to post their material in various posts?

Why are you on about this rather dubious idea again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

idiots

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

Nice try, Murdoch.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭brokenhinge

I'm sure the newpaper sites are FURIOUS that they're recieving extra traffic, which if they've done their job right, will have a browse around, maybe even click an ad on their page?

Surely the links should pay boards?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭TheRiddler

People who say journo should be shot

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

TheRiddler wrote: »
    People who say journo should be shot
    Bit strong. Maybe hit over the head with a dictionary perhaps! ;)

Anyway to the OP's question, I would say "No".
    The present status quo serves both masters to degrees of satisfaction most days.
    The situation may suit one side one day better, it might suit the other the next. In the end however I feel that its a un-official relationship that should be left alone in its current status quo.

Its a symbiotic relationship that has had no major problems so far - so why rock the boat!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Are you just gonna keep asking this question until you get the answer you want or something? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Are you just gonna keep asking this question until you get the answer you want or something? :confused:

I always keep asking the same question to girls till I get the answer I want :)

Advertisement