Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your Goals for 2011

Options
  • 17-12-2010 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭

with 2011 fast approaching I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread on what people wish to achieve in 2011, be it distances,personal best, sportives etc...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Dr. No

My major goal is to stay upright on the bike and avoid any trips to hospital!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

I hope to do the Ring of Kerry again in 2011, and do so in a faster time, and without dying on the way up Molls Gap like I did this year. It was without doubt a truly memorable experience!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,767 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

shamwari wrote: »
    I hope to do the Ring of Kerry again in 20111,

Don't think I'll be doing it that year....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

having bought a bike in july past, this year i'm starting at the bottom and would like to do my first couple of sportives, and hopefully finish em without collapsing over the finish line.

have done 2500k since getting bike, would have been more was it not for the recent weather, so want to improve further on that next year. cautious about putting a figure on it in case i don't make it!

edit: wouldn't mind being able to sneak another bike into the house without anyone noticing either. is that an attainable goal?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

just bought a new mtb so im looking at joining up with a club in 2011 and getting into some races and events hopefully

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

join club, loose weight, ride more :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

to try and do some more 100k spins. and hopefully hit the 150 mark.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,942 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

.....eh........to try and get out on the bike before the first race in March would be nice,
    -4 at the moment....

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭mfdc

Consistent training. Sticking to a training plan where each workout serves a purpose, instead of just heading out one or two days a week for an aimless spin when I feel like it.

Also getting lighter... been ~82kg forever and that doesn't help on the hills :o

• Registered Users Posts: 24,481 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Wicklow 200
    lose 5kg or more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭drogdub

Either Tour of Louth or Tour of Meath
    Wicklow 200
    Get involved with club or group in Drogheda

• Registered Users Posts: 31,031 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Win

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,767 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

G rock wrote: »

edit: wouldn't mind being able to sneak another bike into the house without anyone noticing either. is that an attainable goal?
    Depends

I've managed to acquire 5 over the past 18 months or so - once you have the first 2 or 3 it's a lot easier to blend the new ones in, but I've got to say having a garage helps;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

Beasty wrote: »
    once you have the first 2 or 3 it's a lot easier to blend the new ones in, but I've got to say having a garage helps;)

**shudder** sounds like me with beer

2011=sportives

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭biomed32

-complete my first 100k
    - complete the Galway Cycle
    - Some sportives of 2011/ not sure yet
    - a couple of sprint triathlons
    - complete 5000km of cycling in 6 months from june to the new year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Do as many Sportives as I can (or am allowed to by her indoors). Climb more hills. Create and follow some kind of training plan. Climb more hills. Try to keep as close to 200k a week as possible. Climb more hills. Buy some decent shoes. Climb more hills. Spend the year sucking up massively to the wife and explaining how doing the Marmotte in 2012 could be just one teeny part of a lovely family holiday. But mostly climb more hills.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Wicklow 100
    Sean Kelly 100
    Etape Hibernia
    Morzine in July
    Epic Blast

2011 fracture free!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Lumen wrote: »
    Win

^
    Prevent that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭lukester

Get out on the bike. Infants and toddlers are incredibly selfish when it comes to parents training.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Timmyboy

To do some good and proper training 3 or 4 times a week during January to Februar.
    To chance a race in March or April weather dependent (it'll be the first race in 9 or so years).
    To loose about 4kg
    To do the Ring of Kerry (weather dependent - I'm living here so don't have distance as a excuse but I will not complete if it's raining).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭markdrayton

1. have fun on bikes
    2. 300W FTP

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭rp

Get the commute, door-to-door, down to one hour (...without becoming a RLJ)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

I have not got a clue what my goals are. Is that bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭mo_bhicycle

ROK ON wrote: »
    I have not got a clue what my goals are. Is that bad?
    You're totally screwed, might as well give up now and give me your bikes.

My goals for the season: Get ROK ON's bikes

• Registered Users Posts: 19 davidsm99

Consistent training from January
    Get some more climbing in, difficult around Mullingar
    Wicklow 200
    Have signed up for week in the alps with Trailseekers to do the L'alpe d'huez etape, can't wait.... thanks for the pass wifey:D

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭granda

do the dublin- belfast and back maracycle

Advertisement